12: i'm close

i'm forced to go back to the sidelines and watch the fan literally go through all the members, showing each of them the picture. i can tell she's still talking about it because every time she leaves a member, they turn around to look at me.

after she passes jimin, he immediately turns to me and mouths the words, 'i fucking knew it!'

there's nothing i can do but face palm.

i look over at taehyung. he's...gloomy.

hoseok keeps whispering things to him, making jokes and playing around as if nothing happened. taehyung pretends to get along with it, but he's mad. or sad. or both.

i feel completely guilty.

all i wanted to do was extinguish my feelings for hoseok, but they keep resurfacing. and it's not my fucking fault! hoseok won't leave me alone. why?

does he not realize this hurts taehyung? how it hurts me?

i need to figure out a way to talk with him privately. even though tae is probably mad at him, he will still be clinging onto him, so i need to think of something.

the fan meeting ends and the members start leaving. before i go into my van, i run into taehyung.

"tae, listen, i'm so-" i begin to apologize but he cuts me off.

"don't talk to me." he pushes passed me. okay, his mood is definitely ruined. but he doesn't seem to be mad at me, just mad.

-

nearly two weeks have passed, nearing the end of december. the rumor about me and hoseok was extinguished after a week. to my surprise, no fans confronted me about it whenever i went out, but there was definitely a lot of shit on the internet. the company knew about it too, but they decided to do nothing about it. so it's either fans think we're together, or they simply don't care anymore. which is completely fine, as long as i'm not hated for it.

as for everything else, i haven't had the chance to talk to hoseok at all. the staff has me focused on mostly the group, so now i just prep his outfit and leave to do bts things. i guess it's a good thing that i rarely see him, but i still want to talk to him about all the shit that happened two weeks ago. it seems like he's over it though, but i'm definitely not.

we moved to another hotel, and all the rooms are still the same. i'm in the hallway walking to my room.

"bom." manager-nim calls me over. oh shit, he sounds serious, i hope the picture didn't resurface again.

"yes?" i nervously respond.

"the group stylist has a family emergency so he won't be here to style next week's performance." he explains. thank god it isn't about any rumors.

"oh really? that unfortunate." i reply.

"it's okay, you're the backup." he responds. oh. wow, i'm actually considered a backup? "i want you to figure out a whole outfit line for the group by tomorrow please."

"you-you really want me to style performance outfits?" i am totally shocked. this is a huge deal.

"yes, with your expertise, you're perfect for the job." the manager smiled. "just send me your specific outfit ideas for each member, and the rest of the staff will gather those clothes for the performance."

"um...you sure about this? how do you know i'm fit for this specific performance?"

"they're performing 'go go' at the festival." he answers. "definitely your style."

finally, something that'll take my mind off of hoseok.

i go inside my room and grab my laptop. okay, time to create these outfits. i sit up on my bed and start scrolling through outfits i have saved on my computer.