17.

i am about to go to sleep while wendy is showering and i get a phone call from a number with a different area code,

'ring...ri-' i click my tongue with annoyance and grab my phone accepting it, as i raise my phone to my ear.

"hello." i say annoyed a bit.

"hi. is Bradley Walker there?" a mans voice asks and i freeze, confused.

"yeah this is him. who's asking?" i ask

"um.. i don't know how to say this, but... it's Andy."

m-my dad..

i have no expression, i'm confused, i'm hurt, extremely hurt and i feel so betrayed. there's so much i wanna tell him but he doesn't need to know. he can't come around all the sudden.

i hang up without thinking and throw my phone onto my bed.

i tear up thinking about my memories with my real father and i instantly regret hanging up on him.

i change into my sweats and put a grey shirt on, and get into bed. tossing and turning I'm unable to sleep. i hear the shower turn off and i decide to go look out the window on my couch.

i am sensitive as it is, and hearing how my father wants to contact me all of the sudden without even an explanation on why he left me to live with my psycho mother and step father, truly breaks me to my core and i break down.

they disowned me like i was nothing and he can't show up and want to be in my life again after he was the one who left me alone. to face my battles.....alone.

my eyes get puffy and i began to get tired, with my theory of how crying makes you tired. it really does.

i hear the bathroom door open and i shift my body to the window more, sniffling and wiping my tears away quickly.

i can't believe i'm crying, if any guy seen me crying they would call me weak. i tend to hide my feelings because i don't want people to think i suffer.

"i-i have my clothes, do you think i can put them in the dryer?" i hear a soft voice ask and i nod getting up from the couch and grabbing the bag from her.

i put them in the dryer and make my way back on to the couch and look outside the main window which is extremely open and has a view of the space needle.

"what's wrong?" i hear her ask as she sits on the different couch.

i still look at the window and then slowly turn my attention to her, sniffling one last time. "hm? oh nothing." i protest quietly

"i know i'm not like super close with you or anything, but i can tell when people are off. and you're really off." i look away with sorrow

"i don't know i guess it's just a lot going on right now. since my parents have been trying to contact me. i won't let them though."

that wasn't what happened, but i couldn't tell her my father called me. i could possibly hurt her by saying i have a father who wants to try to fix our relationship but i don't wanna fix it. it could hurt her because she doesn't have a father, she has a mother who is dead. my mother may be dead to me but her mother is actually dead. it's too hard.

"i-i know i look like i'm frail and weak, and that is possibly why you wouldn't wanna tell me but, i'm here. i wish i could help you like you help me." she sighs and i look away guilty.

"you're not weak, you just call yourself that which makes you believe it." i silently say looking out the window.

"i have no one to remind me of my worth." she confesses

and i glare at her.

"that's where i come in." i remember.

i get up and go into my room to sleep.

i hear her lay down and i shut my door halfway.

~~~~~

i wake up slowly to the sound of crying and i jump up, getting out of bed and going to the living room. where i see wendy facing the window.

i feel a sharp pain in my heart and i pull her close wrapping her in a warm embrace.

"shh.. it's gonna be okay." i remind and i hear her soft, quiet cry, which may be so quiet but it's the loudest cry for help.

"s-sorry for waking you up." i hear her hiccup

"don't worry about that....did you have a nightmare?" i ask and she nods slowly.

we pull away from the hug and she puts her head down.

"it's not a nightmare, since it happened in real life. i seen my mother die and now it's haunting me, in my dreams which are now nightmares." she cries and puts her head in her hands.

"listen carefully, you couldn't do anything to save her, Wendy. he is a lifeless idiot who chose this. he will pay for this." i remind her and she closes her eyes, tired.

"i'll stay out here until you fall asleep again." i comfort and sit in a chair. while she begins to slowly go back into a deep sleep.

i can't help but feel angry.

'why her, why must she have to go through the worst of the worst when she's such a good person. it's always the good people that have to suffer the most.'

i go into my room and grab my phone, unlocking it and opening a recent number.

'hi, Andy. sorry for hanging up, i was surprised you wanted back into my life after 9 years. i'm free tomorrow. maybe we can meet up, unless you're gonna flake on that too." i type and send the text

as i close my eyes about to go to sleep i feel a vibration and he texts me back.

"i'm free as well, we can meet at Kirk's Diner in Seattle at 5." i open my phone and nod at the text putting my phone down and lying down slowly falling asleep.