𝟬𝟯𝟬.⠀⠀⠀⠀the lies within

┍━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┑

030. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍!
➶-͙˚ ༘✶ ─── 𝙰𝙲𝚃 𝚃𝚆𝙾, 𝙸𝙼𝙰𝙶𝙸𝙽𝙴
❝ a sexist asshole who doesn't take no for an answer ❞

 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍!➶-͙˚ ༘✶ ─── 𝙰𝙲𝚃 𝚃𝚆𝙾, 𝙸𝙼𝙰𝙶𝙸𝙽𝙴❝ a sexist asshole who doesn't take no for an answer ❞

┕━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┙

       LANI sat silently, as er father and brother eyed her. Roy swallowed thickly as he glanced to the bottle of medicine; the familiar names scripted on the side of the bottle. He knew Lani had a chance of inheriting the illness but he didn't think she'd get it so soon; especially at the age of sixteen. He had hoped when Karolyn had put her on the antidepressants and neuroleptics before, that it would slim down her chances. Only to find out a year later she'd be put back on them. He should have noticed her mood swings, her episodes she'd have every now and then. He had put it off by saying she was just a teenager.

"I was going to tell you both." Lani's soft voice echoed through the two male's ears.

"Why didn't you?" Elías asked with narrowed eyes.

Lani looked into her brother's hazel hurt orbs. "I was scared." She admitted with a frown. "I thought if I went alone to see what was wrong, my blood work and tests would come back negative." She breathed out a sigh, "Dr. Olsen is who I've been seeing, he prescribed them for me. He said if I don't take them, I'll have a bigger chance of getting it sooner rather then later."

"Why haven't you been taking them, Li?" Roy sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose, and his tired eyes.

"I don't know. I felt fine, figured it went away." Lani looked up to the two.

"You lied." Elías muttered. A glare surfacing on his face, Lani parted her lips. "You said you wouldn't leave me. You lied." Tears breamed his eyes.

"Elí-" Lani began.

"No! You're going to end up like mamá, and you kept it from papá and me." He glared to the brunette. Roy placed a hand on his son's shoulder only to have the teenage boy rip his shoulder form his grasp. "You're going to leave me to, and forget me." He whimpered. "You promised we'd stay together."