Chapter 14

Y/N's POV

Holy crap! Ahjumma might scold me from going too far with this mission. I don't even think that I'm doing this mission anymore.

Ugh! I don't know why Jennie has this kind of effect with me. She makes things slow down, she ma-

"Ring.. Ring.. Ring.." my phone rang cutting my thoughts

Picking it up I heard Irene on the other line.

"Y/N!!"

"Ohh! Why so energetic Irene-ah~?" *giggles*

"Let's go grab lunch at the cafeteria, I'm starving!" she fakes crying

"Hahaha okay okay! You don't have to cry, the cafeteria will feed you well don't worry"

"Okay okay.. I'll wait for you here.."

"Okay, be there in a minute! Bye!"

I ended the call standing up and grabbing my phone and wallet.

After fetching Irene, we headed to the cafeteria and there were a few people only since it's past lunch time already.

"What are you eating?" asked Irene

"Maybe I'll just go with tonkatsu today"

"Okay, c'mon ppali!"

After getting our food, we seated at the table near to the entrance. Irene started munching down as soon as we sat making me laugh at her cute hungry face.

She took another set of food while I scroll through my phone while waiting for her to finish.

After a few minutes, my phone beeped and there she is again.

A text from Jennie.

[Jennie]
Jagi.. where are you? I'm here in your office since I brought you lunch but you're not here..

[Me]
I'm at the cafeteria eating lunch..

[Jennie]
Who are you with?

Uhh-ohh.. I think this is not turning good..

[Me]
I'll be there in a bit..

[Jennie]
I'm asking you a question Y/N..

I said who are you eating with?

"Irene-ssi, I need to go to my office now since I have something to do.. I'm sorry.." I said to Irene panicking

"Why? What's the matter? Did something happen?" Irene asked worriedly

"No, I jus-"

"Beep.. beep.."

[Jennie]
You're even ignoring me now?

"Aniyo, I just forgot to do something and I have to do it now. Will you be okay?"

"Yeah sure.. Go now!" Irene said giving me a reassuring smile.

I smiled back and immediately grabbed my things and ran towards the elevator.

"Fuck, this elevator's not even helping" I mumbled to myself..

No choice fam I have to use the stairs or I'll get killed!

I immediately ran to the fire exit and ran upwards towards my office.

I started to breathe heavily making me slow down my tracks. I stopped for a while but then my phone started ringing this time.

"Ring.. ring.. ring.."

Jennie calling..

"Oh shit!"

That's when I started running and finally when I reached the door, I exhaled deeply before turning the knob and went in.

I was welcomed by my swivel chair turning and there, I just saw someone who is fucking ready to kill me.

A Jennie in crossed legs slightly tapping the floor with her arms also crossed together with her killing poker face.

Fuck she really looks mad and I am fucking afraid for my life right now.

What should I do now? Fuck!

"Why are you ignoring my texts and calls Y/N?" she started breaking the silence

"I-I.. I was r-running.." I said stuttering

"Why?"

"So you will not have to wait for long.."

"No, not that. Why.. why are you eating with Irene-ssi?"

Fuck, how did she know I was with Irene?

"You're asking why I know? Here look!" she said pointing to the monitor that shows Irene still eating in the cafeteria

"Look Jen, she was just asking me to accompany her. I didn't do anything.." I said in protest

"Then why didn't you tell me? I even brought you food Y/N so we can eat lunch together.. But there you are, having lunch with some other girl"

She looks sad after talking. No no no, what did I do?

I immediately went closer to her and hugged her tight making her bury her face in my neck.

"I'm sorry I didn't know you were coming.. Next time, tell me if you'll come so I don't have to leave my office anymore.." I said while caressing her back.

I heard soft sobs and so I immediately broke the hug to see a tearing Jennie.

"No no no.. Don't cry baby, I'm not yet full c'mon let's ea-"

"It was suppose to be a surprise.."

My heart melted. Fucking stupid Y/N you wasted her effort to surprise you.

*sighed* "I'm really sorry Jenjen.. I can't turn back time but.. but I'm here now and we're together.. Isn't that more important?" I said while wiping her tears and looking delicately in her eyes

She nodded in response and hugged me again. She's so soft, I can't hurt her anymore.

"I promise Jennie, I'll never do it again. But you also have to tell me so I'll know what to do? Is that okay?"

She hummed in response.

We stayed in our position and I can't help but feel protective towards Jennie. She's not someone that deserves to be hurt. She's so soft and adorable. Oh god what did I do?

I pulled away from the hug and cupped her cheeks. I smiled at her sweetly in which she did the same

"C'mon let's eat what you brought.."