C40

silence.

The door busted open, and loud footsteps neared us.

"What did I miss?" The familiar voice of my long time friend, Aaron Burr, could be heard all the way to the kitchen.

Usually Burr wouldn't storm in rooms, and be all loud. He's being very hypocritical right now. I mean, his famous advice is 'talk less, smile more.'

"Burr, that is my line thank you very much." Thomas said really fast.

"My bad." Burr smiled

Burr's face was pure happiness. I don't know why he was so happy. He just was.

I heard him mutter something. It wasn't that quiet, so it was understandable. The thing is, I'm confused because he said something about being in a room where something happens- You know, nobody understands Aaron Burr.

We all looked at the man who was smiling awkwardly.

"What was that?" Ham came up to Burr, and patted him on the back.

"No, it was nothing." He let out a shaky grin as his confidence drained majorly.
"Burr, you're acting awfully weird today." Washington said, out of nowhere.

Hamilton and Jefferson both started laughing.

"W-Weird? Sir, I don't know what you mean." He was shaking in his tracks.

"Burr, you're stuttering." I raised my eyebrows in amusement.

"I should... I'll go." He rushed out of the dining area, and we had a new topic. Burr, and why he was a bit off today.

----

I sat on a bench and felt my little baby kicking.

"Hmm." I smiled.

I saw someone coming out of the small of my eye. I looked towards them, and suddenly my neck was being tightly grasped.

I couldn't breathe.

But I couldn't let my baby die.

I suddenly remembered how weak I was when defending myself in the war. I wasn't even accepted, but Washington, thankfully, made an exception.

Charles Lee pushed me around, and harassed me. I couldn't let this happen again.

I looked down, and noticed his bare arms. I bit him.

He hissed through the pain, and brought out a knife. I only had one option. That was to fight.

He started nearing me, and his knife scratched my arm. It was a small wound, so I didn't think much of it. I've experienced much worse.

I kicked him in the nuts, and he dropped his knife, holding his crotch area for support.

Still, nobody spoke a word. I stood over him, and kicked him multiple times. I couldn't stop myself. I needed to fight.

"(Y/N)!" Hammy came up to me, and held me in his arms.

"What are you doing?!" He glared at me.

"H... He was choking m-me."  I was still out of breath, yet I could talk.

"Let's get you somewhere safe, (Y/N). We can't have these people attacking you." He sighed.

What was that...
Who was that?