C23

I gripped onto Laf's shirt. I heard footsteps nearing, but I thought nothing of it.

[Warning: Cute Washingdad moment]

"Are you alright, sweetheart?" Washington came up to us.

"Y..Yes sir. I'm just taking this in." I inhaled, and exhaled.

"You always have us." He gave me a warm smile... I've never seen him smile like that.

"Thank you, sir." I hugged him.

Jeez, why did I do that? I pulled away immediately.

Laf chuckled. He wasn't jealous, 'cause he understands my father-daughter relationship with Washington.

"It's fine." He kneeled to my height.

He pulled me into another hug.

Mulligan walked to Laf's side, and put an arm around him.

"That's cute." Herc chuckled.

Washington got up, and smiled at Herc and Laf.

"I'll be in my office." He nodded, and walked away.

I ran back into Laf's arms. I remembered John, and I buried my face in his chest, and my eyes teared up.

"You okay?" Laf rubbed my back.

"Y..Yeah, I just remembered John." I wiped away the tears.

"It's okay, he's in a happy place now." Laf hugged me tightly, and kissed my forehead.

"He was a good man, (Y/N)." Herc added.

"I know." I sighed.

"You guys are the best." I smiled at the both of them. I pulled away from Laf's embrace.

"(Y/N)!" Angelica, Peggy, and Eliza came up to us.

"Guys?" I smiled at them.

"We're so sorry for what happened." Angelica hugged me.

"I'll be fine." I hugged back.

"You better treat her right!" Peggy walked up to Laf, and stood on her tip-toes.

"Of course." Laf smiled.

"I'm watching you." Peggy put her middle and index fingers up, and waved them around her and Laf's eyes.

"And I'm watching you, my dear." He nodded.

Peggy chuckled nervously, and backed up.

"Sure thingy," She nervously laughed again, and hid behind Eliza.

"Have you seen Alexander?" Eliza smiled.

"I think he's in Washington's office." I nodded towards the direction of Washington's office.

"Oh, is he coming out anytime soon?" Eliza stepped in, and I pulled away from Angelica's hug.

Peggy was talking to Herc.

"Yeah, he--" I was cut off by the devil himself.

"Eliza!" He ran up to Eliza, still crying due to John's passing.

I think Alex cried the most, but I honestly expected it to be me.

"Come, mon amour. Let's give them space." Laf held my back, and we walked back to the tent.

I sat on the bed, cuddling up to Laf. He hugged me, and put a blanket over us.

"It's okay, chéri." He gave me a peck on the lips, and I moved in closer to his chest.

We were leaving back to the city soon, because the war was over. It was time to move back.

I sat on his lap, and he wrapped his arms around me like his life depended on it.

I started falling asleep in his embrace.

"Fuck, I love you." I smiled up at him before I fell asleep.

"Je te'aime." He laughed, and kissed my forehead, and we fell asleep together.

---

Chapter wasn't that long pffft