C39

"So, you're telling me that he was arrested for basically giving the French aid when- or... if they go into revolution?" I facepalmed.

"Pretty much, yeah." Jefferson sat down with crossed legs.

"You've got to be kidding me." I stood up, and paced around the room, trying to think of ideas.

"Sorry, sweetheart, but I'm certainly not kidding you." He blew a kiss, sarcastically.

"Alex, what do I do?" I sat down again, my head in my hands.

"Uh-"

"I can pay." George stood up, breaking my thoughts.

"Sir, I don't think I know what you mean."

"(Y/N), your husband needs to be here when the baby comes out." He smiled a sincere smile, and held my hand.

"Sir, where are you going?" Jefferson followed us.

"I'm going to write a letter to Gilbert." He sat down at his office desk.

I sat at a chair beside his, and adjusted it so I would be comfortable in this position.

"You're seriously going to pay them?" Alex smiled.

"Yes. I'd do anything for (Y/N)." He put an arm around me.

I blushed and chuckled.

"That's sweet. Now, can we move on?" Thomas sighed.

"Okay, okay." George started writing.

-----

"Thanks. Really." I held Washington's hand, and we walked out of the postal office.

Alex and Jefferson followed behind.

(*cough* i'll give you some jamilton moments even though this story is lams)

"So, uh." Jefferson cleared his throat.

I looked back, and Alex was blushing. I guess Jefferson said something about Eliza.

I could barely hear their conversation, but it was fine. We decided to eat dinner at Alex's place.

"Alex, where is your family?" I noticed that the house was weirdly quiet for it being the Hamilton's estate.

"They went out for the summer." He offered me a seat, and I sat down.

"Oh." I shrugged.

"So, how long do you think he'll be there?" Jefferson picked at his food.

"Probably a week more." George started cutting a piece of beef.

"Do you think he'll be back in time for me to-"

"Yes." Alex talked with his mouth full.

"How do you know?" Jefferson pointed the end of his fork to Ham.

"I was late to Philip's birth." He swallowed.

"That doesn't exp-"

"I was two days late, so I can tell that Laf will be home before you start labor."

"That-- okay." I cleared my throat, and started eating.

There was an awkward silence while eating.

Jefferson suddenly started laughing.

"Thomas?" I raised a brow.

"I just remembered a joke Hamilton told me." He blushed, and kept eating.

"Oh..." Ham looked away and covered his face.

"Is there something you're not telling us?" George immediately came to conclusion.

"No, no. It was just a joke." Jefferson laid back in his chair, cross-legged.

"Okay then." George went back to eating...

silence.