C1

"John... Please, don't leave." Tears scattered on my face.

"(Y/N), I have to. Poppa wants me to go with him to South Carolina." He had a hint of sadness in his eyes. He held my hand, and leaned into me for a hug.

"I want to come with you!" I begged him.

"Mother won't have company." A tear rolled down his cheek.

"John! Time to go!" Father's voice echoed through the hallway.

"I'm sorry, I have to go." He was trying his best to hold back the tears.

"Please... Be safe!"
---------------------

I woke up with tears in my eyes, remembering what happened on the night that John left.

"(Y/N)? Why are you crying?" John woke me up, and laughed a bit. I moved in with him in South Carolina when my mother passed away.

"I just... Had a nightmare." I rubbed the tears off my eyes.

"I have some good news!" John exclaimed jumping around.

"Go on~" I playfully smiled.

"Ok, I'm not sure how you'll react, but I'm joining the war!" He smiled his cocky little smile.

My heart scattered into pieces remembering when he left.

"Wh..What?" I started crying.

"Wait no! Don't cry!" He was
concerned, so he hugged me.

"Don't leave me again... You... I-" My head was full of situations of John getting hurt-- or possibly dead... No, I shouldn't think of that.

"I know... I just need to help. I'll write to you everyday!" He smiled.

"Please..." I buried my head into his chest.

---------------------

A few days later...
Just like that, I was packing up my bags to go join the army. I didn't hesitate. I hurriedly tied my hair into a bun, and jumped into the carriage with 3 young men.

"Hi, uh... I'm Alexander. Alexander Hamilton!" A man about my height, but taller than me said, happily. He was attractive, I must say.

"Salut, je m'appelle Lafayette." An attractive, tall man with dark skin smiled at me. He was clearly French. I smiled back, and tilted my head to the big guy wearing a bandana.

"HELLO! I AM HERCULES MULLIGAN!" He practically shouted. I jumped, surprised.

"H..Hello..." I stuttered.

"What's your name, mon ami?" The French man asked.

"Je m'appelle (Y/N), monsieur." I stated, smiling.

"English please." Hercules said, clearly oblivious to anything we're saying.

"This will be a long ride." Alexander replied.

Lafayette smiled, knowing that I can speak French.

"Oui, Mulligan." He crossed his arms.

"Mulligan?" I tilted my head, confused.

"Oh, we call each other by our last names." Alexande-- Or... 'Hamilton' stated with an idiotic grin.

"Well then. I'm Laurens." I grinned.

"Lafayette, what's your first name?"

"Well, mon cher..." He looked at the guys, then back at me.

I saw Hamilton mouthing the words 'tell her'.

I was just confused.
Lafayette inhaled.

"Marie-Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert du Motier, Marquis de Lafayette."

My jaw dropped.
"Wh.. Huh?"

"Just call moi, Lafayette."
I nodded. I don't think I could memorize that, anyway.

---------------

Hi! This is just a reminder that the first few chapters will be, um.. Okay-ish. Just keep in mind that the story will get better as it progresses. Thank you. :)