Queen 14

3-15-2018

As they stepped out of the limo many cameras flashed as people began to entire the glamorous building. Makemba didn't feel good about this and was on guard as they entered. Chandeliers hung all over as champagne was passed around by waiters, soft music played as their steps rang out softly against the wood floor.

"Natasha I -," she began yet her friend walked off as she noticed they all were gone,except for T'challa, as they all  switched on their device that Shuri gave them to listen and communicate.

"Everyone spread out and stay alert, " T'challa told them. Makemba stood on the side of the dance floor looking for someone or something suspicious.

"Ekonia scan perimeters and locate any foreign machinery,"  Makemba ordered. As T'challa followed close behind her. Since Natasha tagged along, he brought his two most trusted warriors also yet he hoped it would be quick and easy..

"God I'm hungry, " Makemba whined as her stomach was growling,T'challa laughed at her.

"Once this mission is done I'll make you Pap and Akara, and even triple chocolate cake, " T'challa told her as she beamed at him happily at the sound of food.

"T'challa, can I ask you something?, " she asked.

"You just did, " he teased as she laughed lightly.

"Why are you so...closed off?," she asked. He looked into her eyes, many saw him as respectful and strong, which he was, but it was a facade of sorts.

"I will always be seen as a King, treating people as if I'm not a King will only have some lose respect, " he explained,"yet over the few days I've realized how...inhumane that is. "

Makemba nodded her head in understanding, fear and respect could go hand and hand, yet it came with consequences.

"Stop being weird, scan complete Master, " Ekonia said from her watch as they viewed 3D version of the blueprints on the screen.

"It seems as if it is on top of the building, " T'challa spoke looking up.

"Small problem, what we are seeing as the top floor, actually, where we are, and whatever it  is, " Makemba said low. "It's fucking up my tech," she explained hearing slight static.

The weapon was in the same area as them. As T'challa walked off to mingle, Makemba stayed put for a while and also walked away from the floor, tracking the object.

Neither noticed the tall blonde haired man with sky blue eyes who watched Makemba closely.

"She is alone, " he spoke into his hidden ear piece.

"Good, maim and capture, " a woman replied. As he went and followed her staying close enough to see her and not be seen.
***

"Why is the ship responding to her blood?," Wanda asked again.

Kumiya was bruised only slightly,  her hiding information was an act of treason against them, she heaved as she spit out blood.

"Get Makemba back here, " Kumiya coughed.

"What do you mean?," Vision asked.

"Makemba was sent to Russia, you need to get her out of there, " Kumiya said."The weapon you sent her to find, isn't a weapon it's a trap, " Kumiya finally said to them.

"They want her," she said trying to stay conscious.

"The ship responded to her blood  only proves  that you've put her in great danger," she snapped, it wasn't what they wanted to hear, but it was better than nothing. Tony left to call the mission off. Makemba was needed here,hopefully she wasn't mad with how they got their information.