26 - Sixth Sense

Areum's POV

Day 3 without the boys.

It had been three days since I last saw Jungkook and the boys. Flipping through the tv channels in hope to search for one that would attract me, I stopped at one that was showing 'Running Man' and decided to watch that while waiting for time to pass.

Dr. Han had been visiting me quite frequently, and my sixth sense told me that she was probably hoping to meet Seokjin while checking up on me. The latter had gladly told us that he had managed to get her phone number on the day they first met, and the poor lady must been wondering where on earth did the guy who constantly texted her disappear out of the blue.

"What are you watching?" A nurse asked when she opened the room's door to bring me my food.

I thanked her and answered her. "Running Man."

"Cool. But where are the boys that were with you a few days ago? It's been three days since they last came here." She smoothly changed the topic, and I refrained myself from laughing.

"I want to know too." I pouted, pretending to be sad and smiled when the nurse chuckled at me while pouring me a cup of warm water.

"Just press on the emergency button when you need help, eh?" I nodded obediently, my eyes trailing her until she closed the door.

Scooping some warm porridge into my mouth, I focused my eyes onto the television hung on the wall and ate the food at a slow pace, careful not to burn my tongue. Someone suddenly slammed the door open as I was finishing my food, making me jump a little while staring at the guest with my eyes wide.

"Long time no see, miss." I furrowed my eyebrows at the familiar yet foreign voice. And then, it hit me.

"You." My hands travelled to the emergency button as I narrowed my eyes at the unwelcomed guest.

He was alone this time, without his usual two sidekicks, and was dressed pretty normally, with a knitted sweater, a pair of black pants and a long coat and scarf on him.

"Call for help if you want another stab on your abdomen again." He challenged me as he plopped down onto the couch, and I tightened my grasp onto the button.

"What do you want? Aren't you supposed to be shifting too?" I asked him with a calm tone.

He scoffed at me. "It ended yesterday, girly. I'm surprised that your puppy friends are not with you."

"Don't call them that." I hissed, and he laughed maliciously at me.

"How cute. Anyways, I'm not here to fight or to kill you, but to deliver a message from my superior." He stood up from the couch with his hands tuck into the pockets of his coat. "Tell this to Jeon Jungkook. My leader wants him to meet him this coming Saturday, eight p.m sharp, at the empty warehouse outside the city."

I stayed silent as I watched him open the door.

"Remember to pass this message to your Alpha, or Yejin would be in danger." He grinned again before leaving the room, leaving me totally baffled.

Would Yejin's brother harm her for the sake of power?

I don't know.

The door opened again, revealing Dr. Han who was glancing at the direction the intruder left. She then turned to me with a frown.

"Who is he? What does he want? Did he hurt you?" She bombarded me with questions while rushing to my side.

"I'm fine, doctor." I reassured her with a smile.

"Stay away from him. His presence doesn't make me feel good." She instructed, and I giggled at her while nodding my head.

After checking up on me, she grinned motherly at me, her hand scribbling notes on my report with an incredible speed. "You're recovering pretty fast, keep it up with that."

"Thank you."

"Are your friends not here today again?" She looked a little disappointed as she scanned the empty room.

"Nope, want me to convey any messages to Seokjin oppa when I meet him?" I teased, and grinned when I saw Dr. Han's cheeks turn red.

"What makes you think that I'm looking for him?" She flicked my forehead, and I yelped in pain before pouting at her.

"Oppa's obviously head over heels for you, doctor." Her face lit up at my words before she cleared her throat.

"Stop being nosy and rest well, Areum." She pointed her pentorch at me before turning towards the door. "See you later, annyeong!"

"Annyeong!" I chuckled as she closed the door.

As silence surrounded me only with the subtle noises from the television, I thought about the message the rogue, as what the boys called him, had told me to pass to Jungkook. They were even threatening us with Yejin's name now, how daring.

The sky soon turned dark, and a nurse came into the room to switch on the lights for me. As I watched the snow fall from the sky outside, and thought about my family.

My real family.

A fire was all it took to separate my family from me when I was five. My mother was pregnant with my younger sister, and the merciless fire took her life away before she was even allowed to take a glimpse of the world. We were a happy family, my parents loved me, but the happiness unfortunately got taken away and I was left alone to grow up in the orphanage.

None of my relatives wanted to take me in, claiming that I was a nuisance to them. I grew up alone, while learning how to live independently without the help of any, and moved out of the orphanage when I was eighteen. I got into the university with the help of scholarship, and I rented the apartment I used to live in with the money I earned from the part-time jobs when I was still a highschooler.

I lived a boring life, until I met Yejin and Jimin, and then Jungkook and lastly the boys. Despite all the unfortunate things that had happened to me, I was still thankful for them, for accepting me for who I was.

The boys had asked me whether I would forgive Yejin or not, and unlike the cliché heroine you see in stories, no, I couldn't forgive her, at least not now.

She was my friend, and I trusted her, but yet she had back stabbed me, literally. How was I supposed to put my trust on her once again?

However, for the sake of Jimin, I would try my best to forgive her, but it would take time for the wound she had given me to heal entirely.

It was now snowing much more heavily on the outside, with the leafless trees swaying frantically in one direction, making them look like a row of dancers dancing in synchronisation.

A click sound was heard when someone twisted the doorknob opened, causing me to whirl around immediately, the fight or flight system in me ready to take down whoever the guest was.

"Annyeong, did you miss me?"

It was none other than the boy that I had missed so much - Jeon Jungkook.

-

The end is really near hmm.

Vote n comment!! <3