The Flashback

Hello. We find out a bit more about your history with Lauren. I hope you like it and if you have any ideas, I'll gladly take them.

Enjoy reading!

"You are so cute. How can someone be so cute?", she asks you. Smiling dreamingly at you.

You scrunch up your face. "I am not cute. I am dangerous and evil."

She laughs and you close your eyes at the sound. You could die right there and then. "You are definitely not dangerous. Maybe a little bit evil, but not dangerous. You are like a puppy."

"But puppies grow up and then they're not so cute anymore," you argue.

"(Y/N), dogs are always cute. And so are you."

You sigh and get up. Sure, it's nice that she compliments you, but still, constantly being called cute, is annoying.

"(Y/N)?"

"(Y/N)?"

The other girl sighed and walked towards you. Slowly she wrapped her arms around you. "You know that I think that you are way more than cute, right? You are so beautiful. Outside and inside. I love you so much (Y/N). Promise me that you will never leave me."

You turn around and smile at her. How could you ever leave her? "I love you too and I will never leave you, Lauren."

Your eyes shoot open. You are breathing hard. Sweat drips down your forehead. What was that? You didn't dream of her for years now.

Beside you, Sophie wakes up. "Babe? Is everything okay? Are you hurt?"

"Yes. I just...", should you tell her? "I just need something to drink."

"Okay, let me get you something. Water?" She tries to get up, but you stop her.

You shake your head. "No... Go back to sleep. I'm going to get it myself." Sophie tries to say something, but before she can, you leave the room and go downstairs.

Why was she there again? Just because Sophie mentioned her once?

It hurts you, to hurt her like that, but talking about her, about what happened, is as equally hurtful. Sadly. It shouldn't be anymore. You shouldn't feel like this anymore. You shouldn't be hurt by her anymore. She shouldn't have this power of you anymore.

You grab a bottle of water and take a long sip from it. Maybe this will go away. You just have to stop thinking about it and give it some time. Then it will be gone. Hopefully. When you finish the water, you go back upstairs and lay down beside Sophie. First you want to wrap your arms around her, but you feel bad that you're thinking about your Ex again, so you don't. Unintentionally hurting her more than you already do.

"You should really go back to sleep, you have a concert tomorrow," she tells you with her eyes still closed.

"I wish I could, but I'm always so nervous and excited at the same time. I can do it with a few hours of sleep," you answer and turn around to face her, waiting for her to look at you. She does and your breath hitches. The way her pupils settle on how much light they get and her iris changes its color, depending on how she feels.

"Maybe you can do it now, but you won't in a few years. Take my advise and try to sleep."

"But then I would have to close my eyes and that would result to not seeing you. I much rather seeing you than sleeping," you say, barely above a whisper.