⊱Chapter 13 🗡Nightmares⊰

Start from the beginning

It wasn't my fault I was born. She continued on with her child like tantrum. "The only good thing I had in my lousy life was Jerid." Again with the Jerid tantrum, mental sigh. "Everything I had with him was perfect until you tore it away from me." Her eyes began to glow white when her face took on a savage look as her form floated closer towards me. Her arms reaching up as her fingernails extended outwards becoming long like a pair of claws that could easily draw blood.

Olivianna growled lowly within her throat, giving off a wild predatory sound. "Now I am going to make you feel every ounce of pain I have felt. Force you to learn what it feels like to have everything you love and care about ripped away from you in an instant. I, dear little sister of mine, am going to make you wish that you were dead!" The last part she screamed like a wild banshee as she lunged for me across the distance separating us. Claws extended aiming for the throat.

Her nails gave a sharp sting as they sliced into my skin of my throat. Blood started to gush out heavily as she continued to assault my neck. As my blood continued to pour out of my mortal form I began to choke from the lack of oxygen to my deprived lungs. All the while Olivianna cackled in sadistic joy as I stood there suffocating in front of her eyes.

I'm not talking about a simple laugh either, it was a full on evil villain witch's laugh. The laugh itself made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, mixing that in with the menacing gleam in her eyes, it was enough to make a grown man run for the hills while crying all the way there.

As I started to collapse from the lack of air a warm sensation upon my shoulder shocked me from my nightmare.]

"Avian wake up! It's alright, it was only a bad dream. You are safe sweetheart. I promise nothing is going to come for you. Everything is alright." Camron cooed into my ear from his spot beside me on the bed as I blinked up at him in a sleepy daze.

A movement upon my arms had me quickly looking back down to see Camron stroking my arms in a soothing manner. Helping me to shake off the last of my nightmare. "How long was I out?" I yawned as I stretched out the kinks with my back.

"Only a few hours. Your father left already. He didn't seem concerned with saying goodbye." He leaned closer to rest his forehead against mine as the look in his eyes softened.

Sighing, "That's father for you."

Unconcerned he placed a kiss upon my brow. "If you feel better we should really be getting back. Otherwise people will start to become suspicious. No one saw you leave the cottage so if they go looking for you, it can't really be explained why you were missing." He had a valid point.

The King could be cruel but he is absolutely merciless when he finds out about information that's been withheld from him. Which was why we had to hide Olivianna's pregnancy in the first place. He would have executed her without a second thought had he found out.

"Okay. Just let me get ready then we can leave." Camron nodded, kissing my brow once more before walking out of the room. Sitting up from my position on the bed I glance around the room for my boots only to find them already on my feet. Not only that but I still appear to be wearing the clothes from yesterday with most of my gear still on.

Eyeing my dirty clothes with distaste I peel back a section of clothe soaked with sweat. I am so in need of a fresh pair of clothes. Tying my sword to my belt I remove the locks of hair from my face, only to have it move back into its original position. Getting frustrated and annoyed I gather my thick dark locks. Twisting them into a high pony tail. Tying it off with a small thin leather strap from my wrist.

To calm my emotional turmoil, I take a deep breath. Feeling slightly better as I walk out of the room to join the boys. "I'm ready to go."

"Do we have everything? Better to make sure before I create a portal." Camron inquired.

Dax rolled his eyes, "Of course."

Closing his eyes Camron executed a number of steps. A yellow glow taking form, creating the portal. Camron already starting to crumple from exhaustion. Dax fidgeted until he ran head first through the portal with a yell.

The yellow glow from the wind portal started to flicker indicating that it would soon collapse. As the wind from the portal whipped the loose hair from my pony tail around my face I wrapped Camron's arm around my neck. Helping him to step through the swirling portal. 

--------------------------------------------

I hope you like it. I would have posted up sooner but as I said there were unforseen complications. I wanted this chapter to be perfect and it took me a while to figure out what I wanted to do in each scene. Anyway this chapter is dedicated to my best friend UneektThompson. She has helped me to edit most of these chapters as well as helped me to figure out what I was going to do. She is amazing and Hidden Kingdom would not be possible without her. Also thank you to all of you who have voted and encourage me so far, you help to keep me writing. :) So thats all for now. I will be starting on the eighth Chapter here shortly.

Comment, Vote, and continue Reading. Laters. :D

----------------------------------------------------------

I hope you all enjoyed the newly edited chapter 13. If you have any advice or comments about how to make the chapter better, it would be most welcome. Onto the next chapter! Until then...

Vote, Comment, and Keep Reading!