Chapter Thirteen

"I have a surprise for you, Hoseokie!" Yoongi exclaimed over the phone. Hoseok could hear the excitement in his voice.

"Why do you have a surprise for me? We've only been together for three weeks, Yoongs."

Yoongi chuckled. "Am I not allowed to do something nice for my boyfriend?" Hoseok blushed. He still wasn't used to having a boyfriend, much less one as incredible as Min Yoongi.

"Well, when do I get this surprise?" Hoseok's stomach felt weird. He felt the fluttering of the butterly wings, but he also felt like his stomach was twisting around itself, becoming a giant knot from the anticipation and anxiousness.

"Tomorrow? I can take you after school."

"Oh? So it's a place?"

Yoongi cursed. "Shit, I'm so bad at surprises." He laughed nervously, and Hoseok could picture the older running his hands through his mint hair or rubbing the back of his neck. He does those a lot when he's nervous.

"I can't wait, Yoongs." Hoseok yawned.

"Babe, are you tired?" Yoongi asked, concern lacing through his voice.

Hoseok's eyes opened wide and he sat in a sitting position on his bed, where he had been laying under the covers. It was currently 11:23 PM, and the boys had school in the morning but didn't want to stop talking to each other. "Babe? You just called me babe."

Yoongi chuckled. "Yeah, sorry. It kind of slipped out."

"No!" Hoseok blurted, before cursing at himself. His mom was asleep in the room next to him, he had to be quiet. "It's fine. I-I kind of liked it." Hoseok felt the blush on his face and neck. He yawned into the phone again, cringing because he knew Yoongi would tell him to get some sleep, which he did just that.

"Get some sleep. Babe." The older laughed before blowing a kiss into the phone, loud enough for Hoseok to hear. "I will pick you up for school in the morning, okay?"

Hoseok laughed. "Okay, Yoongs. Goodnight."

"Goodnight, my Hoseokie."

•••••
The next day, the two boys sat in the older's car, driving toward Hoseok's surprise. He couldn't stop smiling with anticipation. His fingers drummed nervously on his knees until a hand was placed on them gently. Hoseok's eyes fluttered over to his boyfriend's .

Yoongi's eyes saw Hoseok's face in the corner of his sight. The younger had a look of confusion on his face. "What? Am I not allowed to hold my boyfriend's hands while I'm driving?" Yoongi chuckled, making Hoseok laugh that beautiful laugh.

"I'm just not used to having such an incredible boyfriend, that's all." Hoseok smiled at the older, who flashed his gummy smile in return.

"You haven't even seen the surprise yet, Hoseokie! Also, we're almost there so I want you to cover your eyes and no peeking!"

Hoseok sighed dramatically. "Do I have to?" Yoongi nodded and Hoseok closed his eyes and covered his eyes with his hands.

Yoongi couldn't help but think about how cute the other looked when he covered his eyes. He resembled a small child, who covered their eyes for a game of Hide-n-Seek.

He parked his car before running around to Hoseok's door, opening it and helping him out of the car, his eyes remaining closed. Yoongi took out his keys and unlocked the door, switching on the lights. He positioned Hoseok how he wanted before prompting him to open his eyes.

Hoseok was silent for a minute, making Yoongi nervous, but then tears started to fall from the younger's eyes. "Yoongs, is this for me?"

"Well, it's partially for you. Jungkook also shares the space. His cousin owns it and lets him use it, and now you can to."

Hoseok wiped the happy tears from his eyes, unable to stop smiling. He pecked Yoongi's cheek softly before stepping onto the wooden dance floor.

••••
A/N: Sorry for the short chapter! I have had a hurt shoulder for about six months now and I finally went to an orthopedic specialist today, and he put me in an arm sling and gave me a cortisone shot. I also have to start going to physical therapy, yikes.

Anyway, the arm in the sling is my dominant hand so it's harder to type. I'm also super tired and haven't felt rested enough to write decent stuff. This was still a shitty chapter but I wanted to publish something for you all today.

^Only Hoseok can make Yoongi smile this big for this long

^Only Hoseok can make Yoongi smile this big for this long. Just sayin'