Chapter Seven

(A Week Later)

Yoongi sat in his math class quietly as the teacher started to hand back the exams they had taken a few days ago. Yoongi was nervous, tapping his fingers on his desk. He had tried texting Hoseok many times, only to find that Hoseok had blocked his number, making it so Yoongi couldn't text him anymore.

Overall, Yoongi thought the exam had been a breeze, but he knew it would've been much more difficult if it wasn't for the brown-haired male he had grown to admire. He found himself missing Hoseok's company. Sure, Yoongi had Jungkook and Sehun, but there was a quality about Hoseok that Yoongi loved. Maybe the fact that he could still smile brightly even though you could tell he had personal problems. And Hoseok took everything to heart. That's why he's not talking to me.

"Min Yoongi!" Ms Chen called, dragging Yoongi out of his thoughts. She handed him his exam before smiling at Yoongi. "I must say, I'm impressed with your grade." And she wandered back to the front of the class and continued calling out names.

Yoongi took a deep breath before flipping his exam over. 94. He had received a 94. He had never, in his life, received a 94. He wanted to cry of happiness. Maybe he would get to graduate after all.

As Yoongi exited his math class, he caught sight of Hoseok. He decided to forget about the secrecy deal for once and run over to him.

"Hoseok!" He shouted as he hurried to catch the male before he left school for the day.

Hoseok looked up, catching Yoongi's eyes before he turned and started walking faster. Yoongi groaned as he picked up his pace a little bit, finally catching up enough to grab the younger by the arm.

"Hoseok, wait." He panted. Hoseok finally stopped walking. They were now outside of the school, on the green lawn that stretched out in front of it.

"What do you want, hyung?" Hoseok's voice was flat.

"Um," Yoongi rubbed the back of his neck nervously, unsure of what to say. "I, uh, got a 94 on my math exam."

"Congratulations," Hoseok mumbled before trying to walk off again, Yoongi, once again, grabbing him by the arm to stop him.

"Hoseok, listen, okay? I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said any of that. I don't find you pathetic."

"Well if you truly mean that, why did you say it?" Hoseok crossed his arms over his chest.

Yoongi chuckled lightly, more out of nervousness than actually finding anything funny. "I don't know, honestly. I'm not used to being around nice people. I'm used to saying rude things about my friends and them not caring. I guess I just forgot that you're different."

"So now I'm weak? You don't think I can handle anything?" Hoseok's eyes started to become watery again.

Dammit, why am I so bad at this? "Are you going home now or did you want to come back with me to my place and talk this out?" Yoongi was out of ideas at this point. If he were to convince Hoseok to come back with him, that would buy him a few minutes to figure out just what to say to make it better. He found that he genuinely wanted Hoseok was a friend.

"I-I guess I can spare a few minutes." Yoongi flashed him a gummy smile before leading the way to his apartment.

HOSEOK POV

Crap, his smile was really cute. Hoseok couldn't help but smile to himself. That was the first time he had seen a genuine smile out of the older.

Hoseok relished in the silence between them. It was a little awkward, but he was glad he was at least in Yoongi's presence again. There was something about Yoongi that Hoseok loved. He didn't quite know what it was, but he was intrigued.