♡Chapter Five♡

^HEYO GUYS! Quick shout out before we start, even though they probably have more readers than I do..... ANYWAYS!!! I am reading this story by Peachy_Lams, called Queer Club. It is AMAZING! Well, all of their stories are, but this one is the one they are currently writing. If you are looking for A LOT of angst, go check it out!

.~♡~.

John P.O.V

_Welp! I guess that was a bit too hard!

Burr stood behind where Alexander had just been. I stared at him in shock. Who did he think he was?

A (still) drunk Lafayette had to hold me from charging and taking his head off.

_What happened to him?!

I looked at Eliza running up to Burr with a look that could kill. I guess the alcohol had worn off.

Burr held his hands up in surrender.

_Listen, he was being a jerk. And so were all of you!

He looks at us meaningfully. We were just being defensive, but I guess he's right about the rest of them.

Jefferson looked at Burr, not sure whether to burst out laughing or run away. The rest of the King's Crew was completely silent, watching Burr as if he just killed someone. Eventually, after two minutes of painfully watching Eliza crying over Alexander, George clapped his hands.

_And they said they were better!

Eliza looked like she wasn't sure who to murder. A crowd was forming, and I got nervous. I really wanted to throw myself at Alexander and make sure he was okay, but after what had just happened, I didn't think George would approve, which made me want to throw myself as him as well. But with a knife.

Eliza got up again and walked off, obviously annoyed that she couldn't find anything to say.

This gave me the chance I wanted. I bent down, now free from Laf's grip. Alexander looked fine, but he still wasn't moving.

_Alexander?

He slowly opened his beautiful eyes.

_John? What happened?

Relief flooded over me. I was still pretty mad at Burr, but at least Alexander didn't have anything serious.

I sighed and held out my hand to help him up. He put his hand on his head as he winced.

_Shit... What happened to me? My head hurts badly.

I opened my mouth to explain, but I was cut short by SOMEONE.

_So little fuck boys think they are better than us just for 'winning' a little poetry contest?

George smirked. I just wanted to pounch that guy. And I almost did if Alexander hadn't held me back.

_Don't, John. It's not worth it.

I nodded, embarrassed. I usually didn't get so aggressive. Actually, I was the one who kept his cool.

George smiled. _This isn't over. We'll see each other soon...

I scoffed. As if that was supposed to scare us.

Alexander shook his head. We both went over to the counter, where Eliza was talking with Peggy, both of them laughing loudly.

Peggy ran over to Alexander, knocking into him, asking if he was okay.