ꕥ fourteen

"Did you know I was in so much pain?"

"What?"

"I called for you so many times, you never came. You pushed me away and now it's all too late."

"Wh- Come back!"

Joohyun looked around her to find that boy again but he started running away and instantly Joohyun followed after. She didn't know where they were heading as everything was very dark for her to recognise the place. However, she saw the boy came to an abrupt halt as he face darkness and immediately she grabbed on his shoulders.

As the boy was far smaller than her, Joohyun crouched down and turned him around to face her. The first thing that caught her eyes were the fact she knew who is was. "Jaewon..." she whispered, tears filled her eyes. The next thing that she remembered was blood trickling from his head. She tried wiping it away but it wouldn't stop.

"Jaewon, what happened? Why are you bleeding?" Joohyun shook him by the shoulders but he stared blankly at her. "Let's go, you're getting treated—" just as she stood up to pull him away, her little brother yanked her back.

The elder one stared at her brother, worry filled her. She knew this couldn't possibly be real but she wanted to save him still. Joohyun didn't know what danger awaits but she had a feeling they shouldn't be here now.

Out of nowhere she heard a growl, it sounded angry. Her eyes wandered until she saw a pair of eyes staring back at her and Jaewon. Immediately, she grabbed him by the arm and tried to run but this time the same pair of yellow eyes stared at her. She was surrounded. Instantly, Joohyun pulled the younger boy into a hug. She kept telling herself she'd wake up but still she was there.

She expected the wolves to launch on her and start to rip off her limb by limb but instead she felt a hand on her shoulder. Joohyun opened her eyes and she faced the same pair of yellow eyes she met several times already, but it wasn't from a wolf, it was from a human. A person she knew, Jisung.

The time was 3:03 AM, Joohyun glanced to her side and Jisung was missing again.

——ꕥ——

Jisung kept quiet as he eyed his friends gobbling down their meat. He was full, he had enough and wanted to leave. He glanced at his watch which read 4:06 AM and knew he had to be home by now. Sighing, he got up and was about to leave but was stopped by Woojin.

He looked at the elder confusingly. Woojin didn't say much and pulled him by the arm, a little further from the rest. "Is there anything wrong?" He asked but Woojin's serious face wasn't helping. "Are you in love?" He asked. Immediately, Jisung held in his breath. He looked at Woojin to see if he was being serious as Woojin was the type to laugh and smile a lot but there was not sign of that at all.

"Jisung just tell me, I picked up your scent on a girl." Woojin asked. Jisung darted his eyes from him and glanced at the rest of the pack before looking back. "Yes." He answered, he wasn't going to hesitate as he trusted Woojin enough.

"I'm not going to nag, you know you can't keep her." Woojin sighed. "You're putting her in danger, plus we have someone who's trying to get us now. I can't tell you to leave her now but you have to—"

"I'm not going to push her away, I love her. We've been doing fine for years now without any of you knowing. I'm sorry but I can't leave her. I won't." Jisung stated, he looked at Woojin right in the eyes as he meant every word he said. "Don't you remember what happened to Hyunjin?" Woojin hissed, a little angry that the younger one was stubborn.

"If she dies, you'll be sorry forever." Woojin warned. "I can't leave her." Jisung insisted. "You're being selfish." The elder one said, "I know." Jisung replied and left without another word.

He became silent along the way home, upon reaching his apartment, Jisung rushed to his little studio. He switched on the lights and the room was finally visible to his eyes. The room was exactly what he called his studio, it was filled with photos he hung on strings. He loved taking photos, it was aesthetically pleasing to him.

He stared back at the photos of people hanging, why he chose to have a mini studio? Other than to fasten the process of his work, it was a small corner for him to mourn over the people that was no longer breathing. People he killed for his survival. It was a guilt he would never recover from.

Every time he looked at the photos, he could hear them pleading for mercy as he violently ended their lives. It was either them or him. Jisung knew he didn't belong in this world, his kind was cursed. But was he really to be blamed? Jisung never chose this path, he was born with it.

He would never fail to reflect on what he did every time he looked back at those empty eyes in the photos. It was painful knowing what a selfish decision he made, but nothing can be undone. He was a monster, he was hideous and unbearable to look at.

However beyond that was a boy, he only learned how to love recently and it was thanks to a girl. He love her dearly and she could never know what he was. For if she was to find out, he'd be left alone again.

——ꕥ——
🐾 I think this fic would end soon ono