[ Chapter : 4 ]

Cleo had came over by my house, crying. At that moment I was starting to wonder, why was she so bipolar? One minute she hates him and the next minute she's crying over him. She told me she felt like she owed him and Rachel an a apology and that she had to get over him. I agreed with her and comforted her through the whole phase. Hopefully, I'll gey my friends back.

"I'm going to call him, don't say anything." She said as she wiped her tears away and blew her nose.

She got out her phone and dialed his number in and then got it on speaker.

Ring!

Ring! 

"Hello?" Charles asked as he answered on the second ring.

"C-Charles, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, I didn't mean it." Cleo cried through the phone and it had hurt me to not try comfort her.

"Cleo? What's wrong?" Charles asked, hurt leaking his voice.

"I've been a bitch since that cafeteria thing. I'm truly sorry and if you see Rachel tell her I'm sorry, too. I've just been stressed, that's all." She said and I knew she lied about the last part. She was jealous.

"It's okay." Charles breathed out.

"Baby, come back to bed!" A voice shouted and Cleo froze. It was Rachel's voice.

"Uh - Cleo, I'll call you back." Charles said and hung up before Cleo could even reply.

"Oh my gosh." I said as I ran to Cleo and hugged her. She cried on my shoulder and grabbed tissues to blow her nose. 

I felt really bad for her. I mean no one deserves this, not even the meanest person in the world. Heartbreaks can really break you down and hearing someone you love or even like with someone else can break you.

They need to confess that they like each other. I'm pretty sure Charles like her, he just doesn't want to admit it.

"How about we get some icecream?" I asked and she nodded with the tears running down her face.

I got up and went through my drawer and threw some clothes at her. I got myself some clothes aswell and went into the bathroom.

I got my white v-neck and black skinny jeans on and searched for my black vans. Once I found it, I sighed in relief and began to do my hair. I curled it and ran a brush through so it'd be wavy. I applied mascara, eyeliner and lipgloss on. After I finished all of that I walked out the bathroom and saw Cleo laying on the bed.

I tilted my head in confusion because I'm sure I gave her a dress to wear and flats. Instead, she was in grey sweatpants with a black sweatshirt. She wore my grey vans and sat down. Her straightened hair was thrown into a messy ponytail. She didn't even wear any makeup. Her eyes were bloodshot red and she was frowning down at her phone. I went over her shoulder and saw her scrolling through pictures of Charles, Her and I. I frowned and shook her. She shot her head up and weakly smiled at me.

"I didn't feel like wearing a dress, sorry." She whispered and I nodded.

"Let's go." I said as I grabbed my keys and dragged her outside with me.

"Thank you." I said as I handed the cashier a ten dollar bill.

"Your change is two fifthy-six. Thank you for shopping at Luke's Icecream Bar. Come again and enjoy your icecream." The lady said and handed me the money. I smiled at her and went to the booth that Cleo was in.

"Are you feeling any better?" I asked as I sat down and ate some of my strawberry icecream.

"I'm feeling better. Thanks a lot, Liv. I don't know what I'd do without my bestfriend." She smiled at me. It was the first smile I saw all day from her. I hope it's not fake.