Chapter 38: Promises Were Meant to be Broken

COMMENT, VOTE, SHARE!

Chapter 38 (Unedited): Promises Were Meant to Be Broken

I came back from my training with Taylor to see chaos all around the pack house.

"What's going on?" I asked a random pack member as I walked into the house.

"Alpha is gathering fighters for the attack." He nodded at me.

My eyes bugged open wide. "Attack? What attack?"

"The attack the Alpha has prepared against Joshua." He spoke.

My face paled as he spoke.

"Luna, are you alright? Surely you must know what is going on."

"Yes, I am alright, thank you." I nodded and walked away to go find Aaron.

How could he do this? How could he plan this and not tell me? This isn't going to end well for anyone if he does this.

After asking around where Aaron was, I made my way up to his office.

I did not even bother to knock and barged my way in the office with a look of fury on my face.

"Everyone out." I ordered.

Aaron was shocked to see me barge in authoritatively but saw the look on my face and nodded to the men in the room to leave.

"Alpha?" Chase asked.

"I want border patrol surrounding the border. I want our top three fighters on call, and Jeremiah, I want your team here in no more than five minutes." Aaron ordered.

"Yes, Alpha." Jeremiah nodded and walked off.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Something I should have done a long time ago." He replied.

"Aaron, that's not very descriptive. What is going on? Why are you gathering all of the fighters?"

"Because Joshua needs to be destroyed."

"What?! Are you crazy? What are you going to do? Do you think you can just walk up to him and slit his throat? He will kill you!" I exclaimed.

"Don't you have any faith in me?" He asked.

"Of course I do, but this isn't going to solve anything Aaron. This can only backfire on us."

"No, I am not going to let him continue threatening my mate and my pack. Whatever 'revenge' he plans on unleashing, won't get the chance to happen because I'm going to destroy that son of a bitch." He spoke with a scowl.

"Aaron please just think this through. Do you even have a plan? What's going to happen when you march onto his territory? Do you think he's doing to negotiate or want to sit down and have fish and chips with a cup of tea on the side? No! He is going to play dirty, just like he always has." I paced around the room, my hands flailing in the air.

"I have to do this Savannah. He's threating you, he kidnapped Talia—"

"But she—" I began to speak.

"What she did was inexcusable, yes, but she used to be my friend Savannah; he ruined her, and I won't let him ruin you." He argued.

I adverted my eyes away from him; hurt that he didn't tell me about this, mad because he didn't think to include me, and downright furious that he couldn't see the truth behind all of this. "Why didn't you tell me?"