Chapter 28: Truth & Acceptance

He Rejected Me. But We're Meant to Be.

Chapter 28: Truth & Acception

 UNEDITED

Savannah's POV

To say I was speechless was an understatement. I didn't know what to say to him. He had just said the he accepted me as his mate and I couldn't be any happier.

"W-what did you just say?" I didn't want to believe my ears and end up being disappointed.

He smiled a toothy smile at me. "I said, I Alpha Aaron Weaver, accept, you, Savannah Mason as my mate."

A few tears leaked out of my eyes as he repeated the words I had wanted him to say the day he knew I was his mate.

A frown appeared on his face as he looked at me.

"Did I say something wrong?" He asked me with concern evident on his face.

I repeatedly shook my head 'no'.

"Then why are you crying? I have to have said something wrong. Every time I say something, you always cry. It seems that every fucking word that comes out of my stupid mouth makes you cry." He growled at himself. "God, Savannah, just tell me, I'm sorry, I--"

I cut his stupid rambling off with a lip-bruising kiss.

He didn't respond for the first few seconds because of shock but soon wrapped his arms protectively and securely around my body and pulled me to him. I wrapped one arm around his neck and the other around his back and pulled him to me, closing every single centimeter of space between us.

His tongue swiped my lips, asking me for entrance.

Being the stubborn woman I am, I denied him any access.

He growled as he tightened his grip on me, biting and pulling on my lower lip, but I still refused him.

"Savannah" He growled.

I chuckled at his persistence but stupid me didn't realize that laughing required you to open your mouth and he took that as his chance to plunge his tongue in my mouth and lace it with mine, letting me taste the sweetness of his mouth.

"That wasn't fair" I moaned against his lips.

"Too bad" He smirked and continued to kiss me passionately.

Reluctantly, I pulled away from the kiss and pecked his lips a few for times before staring up into his eyes as a few more tears leaked through them.

"These are happy tears." He said to him.

He released a big breathe and smiled.

"They are?" He asked for assurance.

"They are" I nodded.

"Good" He smiled and kissed my forehead.

"I've always wanted you to say that." I whispered to him.

"I'm sorry" 

"Stop saying that" I frowned.

"I can't help it. Every time I see a frown on your face or a tear drips from your eye, I can't help but think it's because of me."
 He ducked his head down in shame.

"You're right. It is because of you, but I'm not going to hold it against you anymore, Aaron. People make mistakes and we just have to learn to get over them if we want them in our lives. I want you in my life Aaron and if, forgiving is the only way to have you, then so be it. Yes, I'm still hurt and humiliated, but I'll learn to get over it; just as long as you don't hurt me again." I told him.