73- Love And Death

Start from the beginning

Venus rolled him over, "Neville!" She said weakly, "Neville?"

Neville coughed up some blood, but smiled weakly. Just then Venus was grabbed from behind and flung across the hallway. She landed in a pile and scrambled to her feet to see that the Werewolf had returned along with the rest of the Death Eaters.

Greyback bared his teeth at Venus who glared back at him.

She flung spells at him, until eventually he seemed to loose interest. The Death Eaters were all retreating, leaving the castle, the DA and Order members followed them, but eventually gave up the chase.

Venus found herself sat in between two beds in the hospital wing. In one lay Neville, whom Madam Pomfry had given a sleeping draft to, was asleep. In the other lay Bill. The matron had done all that she could for Bill, but there was little that could be done. Bill would bear the scars on his face for the rest of his life.

Eventually Harry arrived in the hospital wing with the news of Dumbledore's death.

They explained everything that had happened since he had left the castle and Harry slumped down in a chair. Sirius patted him on the shoulder solemnly. He hadn't spoken much since he had found out about Dumbeldore's death. The news seemed to have stunned him beyond words.

Eventually Molly and Arthur arrived with Fleur in tow, they all rushed over to Bill, almost in tears.

"Bill, Oh Bill!" Molly darted past everyone to Bill's side.

"You said he was attacked by Greyback?" Arthur was staring at his son, "what will happen to him? Greyback wasn't transformed."

"I should think there will be some contamination." Lupin was also looking at Bill, "but his case is unheard of, possibly unique. We can't be sure what will happen to Bill when he wakes up."

"Of course it doesn't matter how he looks," Molly sniffed, "but he was always such a handsome boy- and he was going to be married."

"What do you mean by zat?" Fleur demanded, tears were glistening down her cheeks, "what do you mean 'e was going to be married?"

"Well- only that-"

"You theenk Bill will or wish to marry me anymore?" Fleur was staring daggers at Molly, "you theenk that because of these bites 'e will not love me?"

"I thought perhaps-" Molly stuttered, "given how he looks-"

"You thought I would not wish to marry 'im?" Fleur's nostrils were flaring, "or perhaps you 'oped! It would take more zan a werewolf to stop Bill loving me, or I 'im. All these scars show is zat my husband is brave!" Fleur seized the ointment that Molly was dabbing on her son's face, "and I shall do zat!"

There was a moment of stunned silence, "our great aunt Muriel has a lovely goblin made tiara that would look lovely with your hair."

"Thank you," Fleur said curtly, and before anyone knew it the two women were hugging and crying together.

"You see!" A strained looking Tonks yelled at Lupin, "you see, she still wants to marry him, she doesn't care if he's been bitten."

"The circumstances are completely different," Lupin replied calmly, "Bill will not become a full wolf-"

"-well I don't care either!" Tonks declared, "I've told you a million times!"

"And I've told you a million times," said Lupin, "I am too old for you, too poor and too dangerous."

"You're being stupid Moony." Sirius said from beside Venus.

"I am not." Lupin retorted, "Tonks needs someone young and whole."

"But she wants you." Molly pointed out, "and after all, young and whole men do not necessarily remain so." She gestured sadly at Bill.

"This is not what we should be talking about," Lupin shook his head, "Dumbledore is dead."

"Dumbledore would have been happier than anyone to know there is a little more love in the world." Said Professor McGonagall.

Just then Hagrid arrived and told them that he had moved Dumbledore's body. Professor McGonagall got to her feet and asked Harry to accompany her to her office.

"I'll see you later," he told them as he left behind her.

When he was gone Venus turned her attention back to Neville, who's hand she had not let go of throughout the entire time.

Sirius patted his daughter on the back in a comforting manner. Not entirely sure how best he could comfort her, but trying his best to do so.

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx