Chapter 19: Return to NYC-Part 3

She sighs," I feel like..we're better off as brother and sister. Like I've always wanted a guy friend to treat me like their sister, for me to talk to things about. I love you, Alex. And know I know how.."

I give her a confused face,"..that's what you think we are?"

She nods," You're my brother, Alex. And I'm your sister.."

"And..what if I think that's not what we are?" I ask her, as she looks back at Maya.

"Then you better start rolling with it," she advises me, as she sits next to Maya, Henry comes over to Sara's seat.

"One confusing night, huh?" Henry asks.

"Very," I add, agreeing.

"So what're you gonna do..?" Henry asks.

I shrug, looking at Sara and Maya, then back at him,"..I don't know. But I do know that, I don't want anyone to get hurt.."

"This reminds me of something," Henry says, as he develops a realization face.

I shoot him a look, as he smirks.

Oh yeah, this kinda does remind me of that Texas episode..time to end this Texas episode.

--CLAIRE'S HOUSE--

"So are we leaving NYC?" Sara asks.

"We still have one more day left till Monday," Henry chimes in.

"But they're also tryouts for the talent show open, I've heard," Maya says, chiming in.

"I thought you weren't gonna talk to Alex?" Sara asks her.

"I'm not, I'm talking to you!" She says, as she turns around to look at me.

"Are you seriously not gonna talk to me?" I ask her, as she looks up at me with pursed lips. "Maya!"

"You could've gotten hurt by those stupid dj's! Do you know what would've happened to the people..the people..that..um..uh.--"

"Care about you?--I think you were about to say care about you?" Henry chimes in, as she scowls at him.

"You think I'm talking about you, I'm not..I'm not talking about everyone here!" Maya tries to convince us.

"I thought I told you..Maya likes you," Sara tells me again, this time in front of Maya.

"Sara!" Maya scowls.

"Maya, I saw you..I saw how much you cared about him. And I think that's also why she makes fun of you, I think," Sara says, as she eyes Henry, as they walk off.

"But, Sara, what're we?"

"I thought I told you what we are.."

"What if I don't think that's what we are.."

"I told you..then you better start thinking of us like that.." She declares walking into Claire's apartment with Henry.

"So you like me..?" I ask Maya, as she doesn't answer.

"No," she faintly says, looking down.

"Maya, why didn't you want me to play my song?" I ask, looking down at her.

She narrows her eyes," Because I didn't want you to..because I thought you'd get even more Rom-Com-ish..more you.."

"So now you're insulting me?" 

She sighs," Can we just go inside with the rest of 'em?"

"Not until you answer my question..why do you make fun of me?"