Chapter 16

--THE NEXT DAY @ SCHOOL--

*Sara's POV*

I can't stop thinking about what happened yesterday. I mean, it was pretty clear that Di liked Alex, but..I never could guess that Maya would keep something that big from me..?

"Maya, are you sure you're ok?" I ask her, as I look at her outfit that seems quite familiar looking.

"I'm fine," she assures me, as we walk to our lockers.

"Maya, why are you wearing my clothes..?" I ask her, as she looks at me, jokingly.

"Just thought I could try something new.." She shrugs.

"You didn't have to copy me, peaches," I giggle, as I turn to see Alex.

"Hi," he says, as he shoots me a faint smile.

"Hi," I greet him back, as Maya peers over my shoulder.

"Maybe you guys should talk about what happened yesterday..?" Maya suggests.

"Hi," I say, changing the subject.

"Hi," he smiles back.

--BELL RINGS--

"Glad we talked about it," I smile at me, as he nods, agreeing.

"Hi.." He says, walking in, as I walk in after him.

*Alex's POV*

That was some "talk" Sara and I had..we're such great talkers. But..something about Maya seems off...she looked kinda like Sara..?

"Hi," Will greets me, as he sits in the empty seat next to me.

"Nice to see again, stranger," I giggle, as he chuckles.

"Sorry, I know it's been a while..but I've been going through some things," he explains.

"Oh, about that.." I develop an uneasy face," I need to talk to you..after class."

"Um, sure.."

--AFTER CLASS {HALLWAY}--

"So, Alex," he rubs the back of his neck.

"Will," I sigh," I know..Diamond likes me."

He gasps, as I lick my lips,"..she followed me to the park, where I was gonna meet Sara. And she confessed..but." He looked relieved. "I told her that we were better off as friends, and that she should find someone that cares about her like she cares about them.." 

He says, as I shoot him a look. He turns around to see Diamond.

"Well, I'll leave you too it," I whisper in his ear, as I walk off to join Sara and Maya.

It's nice to know that Diamond and Will are back at it..

*Diamond's POV*

"Listen," I start, as he looks into my eyes. "I realized over the last couple days..Alex and I are more like buddy-buddy. He belongs with Sara..Will, I still have feelings for you.."

He nods, developing a smile," I do too. And I feel the same."

We kiss for a millisecond and break apart, exchanging smiles.

I guess Operation Almond is off..for good.

*Will's POV*

"It's good to be back.." I smile, she smiles back.

*Maya's POV*

Well it's working..I finally see Alex from Sara's POV. And I have to admit..he is cute..and smart, and omg, he's so funny. I'm sorry, Henry. But it's all apart of the plan...