Chapter 8

--THE NEXT DAY AT SCHOOL--

*Alex's POV*

It's already been halfway through today, and Sara and I still haven't talked..I hope everything will be alright.

"Dude, just talk to her," Will and Henry whisper, I shrug.

"What am I gonna say..?--I thought I told you that I already told her about me not liking Diamond," I tell them, as they exchange nervous looks.

That's what I thought..

*Sara's POV*

"Talk to him. C'mon, Sara," Maya advises me, as I look back at Alex, three tables in front of us.

"But lunch is almost over.." I frown.

"But," Maya develops a smile," your classes are close by, and everyone else takes the long way.."

"There's a long way..?-looks like I need to find all the ins & outs after all," I change the subject, as Maya shoots me a look.

"And who else doesn't know about the long way?" Maya asks, as the answer pops into my head.

"...Alex," I murmur.

"Exactly. This, my best friend, is called Fate," Maya pats me on the back.

"Sis. Which way's the long way?" I ask her, as she shoots me a disappointed look.

"Just take the shortcut, sort things out with Alex," she suggests, as I nod, reluctantly.

"Fine," I agree.

--BELL RINGS--

"Now,," Maya pauses,"go fix things with Romeo.."

I giggle, as I bump into a someone. Alex.

"Uh," he stutters.

"Sorry," we chorus, as he rubs his shoulder.

"Well see you later," Maya smiles, walking off with Will and Henry to Math.

I roll my eyes, as Alex and I start walking to Band and Chorus.

--FEW MINUTES LATER--

I look at him, I turn away, pretending not to look at him. He does the same.

"Why'd you just stare at me..?" I ask him, as he looks at me again.

He shrugs," You started it."

"But then you copied me," I point out.

"The question is that why did you start?" He asks me, as I try not to stutter.

"I-I don't know," I tell him, stuttering.

"Look," he says, looking at me," I don't like Diamond. It was just a collab. I promise that there's going on between her and me.."

I shrug," I don't know..I thought you'd a do a collab with me, before her.."

"Our collab will be soon," he assures me, as I develop a smile," we good now?"

I smile, as he hugs me," Yeah, we're good.."

We break apart, our eyes meet, as the late bell rings.

"Better get to class," he giggles, as we walk into our next door classes.

*Maya's POV*

"Late bell rang. Bring on the Salex," Henry whispers, as Will giggles.

"Same, Hen," I giggle, as he smiles at me," so after the dance, shall we plan our talent show act..?"