Chapter 15

--AFTER SCHOOL--

*Maya's POV*

"So you're still off, huh?" Sara asks me, as I shoot her a faint look.

"Sara, I promise," I grab her hand," you'll find..figure it out soon.."

"Whatever you say," she says, as she gives me a uneasy look, then switches to a smile.

"Let's just get started.."

I nod.

*Alex's POV*

Well..I got paired up with Diamond. It can't be bad right..?-it's just a project, and we're friends. Speaking of friends, I gotta talk to Will..

Me: hey

Will: hey

Me: why weren't u at school bro?

Will: its complicated...

Me: im good at math TELL ME

Will: u wont get this equation..it's like Math 3 material

Me: HEY I WAS IN MATH 3!

Will: ok here's ur problem..

Me: im listening..

Will: suppose there was a square..2 lines were congruent, the other two lines were a little..outta order. But then..after awhile, that square turns into a triangle, after one of those two out of order points moved on..

This is a new one...but why does it seem so real..?-OMG, NO. NO. NO.

"Hey, Alex. There's someone at the door for you?" Hallie calls me over to the door.

"Where's Mom--she's getting Dad from the airport right?" I ask her, she gives me a look and walks away.

"Did I come at the wrong time?" Di asks, a nervous smile.

"N-no. It's fine," I say, inviting her in, she walks in, after I shut the door behind her.

Since when does Diamond..know where I live..?

*Diamond's POV*

I think I came on too strong..

"Just one question," Alex asks me, as we sit down on the couch.

I look up, signaling my attention towards him.

"..how'd you find out where I live..?" He asks.

"Um, didn't we meet up a while ago to do that collab..?" I remind him.

"Oh yeah. Sorry," he nervously chuckles.

"It's fine," I shrug, as he hands me the art supplies.

*Sara's POV*

"So you wanna get started on the project or what?" Maya asks me, as she takes out her art supplies bag.

"Maya, tell me what's wrong," I confess, changing the topic.

"I thought I told you," she starts, looking at me and sighs,"--but can we just, just work on the project?"

"Maya, I'm your best friend," I start explaining,"..wait, if you changed the subject so quickly, it must be really serious. And.."

"I'm just protecting you, Riles," she sighs,"..can we just start on our project now, please?"

I reluctantly nod, as she decorating the poster.

Maya, you've been protecting me my whole life..what else is there to protect me from..?

--3 HOURS LATER--