(8) Origami Plot Twists Make For The Best Plot Twists

After telling Scott that he wasn't coming to his house where the Pack was meeting because he needed to just go home and take a nap after all that had happened in the last 36 hours or so, Stiles drove home to do just that.

As much as he knew that he should have been out seeing the people he knew once upon a time (and once again), he was just so tired.

And this tiredness went deeper than just physical.

A dull sleep attacked at his skin and seeped into his bones, clouding his mind and burdening his heart. It was a feeling that was far from foreign, though.

The first time it entered his life was at the age of eleven when his mother died.
The feeling was strong and it fought his every action. Though it never left, the burden lightened over time.

And then again with the loss of his friend Heather, Stiles' burden made itself known.

Time and time again, the tiredness would return; the loss of Alison, the guilt of the other deaths that the Nogitsune brought.

But then Stiles was reborn into another world. Even so, Thomas was a boy destined to face many deaths.

So, so many deaths.

By the end of his time on earth 816, Thomas went from being able to count those he had lost on his two hands, to being able to count those he still had on his two hands.

So he was going home instead of greeting his friends because he was struggling to manage the tiredness—the deaths—of two unfortunate lives.

Stiles fished his keys out of his pocket with his bag slung over one shoulder as he walked to his car. He was quite glad that, with all being put back into place after the Wild Hunt, his keys had been returned to him. And by 'his keys', it meant all of his keys.

Once down the street and away from the school, Stiles found himself lost in thought while glancing at all the places he hadn't really seen in so long

Once down the street and away from the school, Stiles found himself lost in thought while glancing at all the places he hadn't really seen in so long. He felt like he moved away and just got back to reminisce in the past.

In a way, he had.

Stiles was so caught up in his past that he barely noticed when he arrived home. It took him about two minutes to realize that he was already in the drive way and that he should kill the engine. He did so with a sigh and got out of his jeep with his backpack that he wasn't exactly sure where he got since it was at home when the Ghost Riders took him.

Home.

All of the sudden, the significance of that word hit him like a bag of bricks. He looked up to where his home stood before him. Despite the fact that he hadn't grown since the last time he stood before it, it felt smaller. Maybe he didn't see as much value in its four walls and roof anymore. But no, he felt estatic just thinking about entering it again. He missed it more than he could possibly express.