Warmth

Sequel to Best Birthday Gift
Fluff
Started: 03-31-18
Finished: 04-01-18
Published: 04-01-18
~~~

"The light is what guides you home, the warmth is what keeps you there."

Akashi got into his car and started driving off to his and Kuroko's shared apartment while his bodyguard dropped of his business partner.

'Disgusting,' the emperor thought as he quickly wiped his mouth with the sleeve of his suit.

'I can't believe her, we just met for business purposes and she suddenly kisses me! What's worse is that she used her tongue!'

Akashi kept remembering how he had to put up with the woman and not slap her in the face whenever she'd get all over him, it was for his company. His father would not be pleased if he were to find out that they lost a partnership with another company.

'Damn it... I even missed Tetsuya's birthday party and most of our dates together. I'll make it up to him, just a few more business meetings and we can go an all the dates he wants.'

As Akashi opened the door to the apartment, he felt uneasiness creep up on him.

"Tetsuya?" the red-head called out, only to be met with silence.

"Tetsuya!?" Akashi became frantic, he searched the living room and kitchen, still met with nothing.

'He's most likely asleep...' the red-head somewhat calmed down at the thought of his lover curled up into a cute ball, silently sleeping with his teal locks in a messy bed head.

Akashi opened the door to their room...the bed was empty.

He saw that the bathroom lights were on, relief flooded his mind as he walked towards the bathroom door. He knocked on it once, twice, thrice...still no response. He decided to open the door.

"Tetsuya? I'm ho-"

Blood.

That was what filled the red-head's sight.

The earlier relief was now washed away by dread. There was his lover, bleeding out onto the bathroom tiles- which were now stained with blood.

"T-Tetsuya...?" Akashi slowly approached the teal-head, whom was unresponsive.

"TETSUYA!"

~

The steady beeping of the heart monitor and the shallow breaths of Kuroko were the only things keeping the red-head sane in the cold, eery hospital room as he was grasping onto the petite hands of his beloved. The emperor would just mutter apologies over and over again, occasionally kissing the teal-head's hands.

A quiet groan was heard, along with the rustling of the white hospital sheets.

"Tetsuya?" Akashi stopped his previous actions and quickly looked at the pale doll-like face of the phantom.

The latter slowly opened his eyes, which were still beautiful to Akashi. For a moment, he thought that he would just sink into them; those pools of perfection, those that he loved to get lost in so much.