Chapter 60

Merek and Joyce were married on a beautiful Summer day at the castle gardens.

They had considered being married at their special willow river, but decided that it was their private place and didn't need to be shared. So they had decided on the castle gardens. Joyce had chosen a simple wedding gown. It wasn't something that a typical royal would wear, but then again, she wasn't a typical royal. She had been adopted into a royal family.

Their ceremony was short and sweet. Many of their friends were there and had made the day very special. After the initial ceremony, they had plain, chocolate, and raspberry croissants for refreshments. Everyone seemed to really enjoy them!

All of the women there, whether they had been a part of the Hiraeth or Essence were clothed in fancy dresses. 

Even Ida.

Joyce had never seen her in a dress before.

Her short blonde hair had been styled instead of unruly and she was sporting a beautiful light orange dress that seemed very fresh and floral. 

Joyce and Merek had been talking to their guests as a new married couple and Ida specifically came up to them.

"Congratulations!" She told them. 

"Thank you!" They replied.

Joyce looked in Ida's eyes. She had been healing. Joyce could tell. 

"I really wish the best for you and hope you have a wonderful life together." Ida said sincerely.

"Thank you so much Ida. I really appreciate hearing that from you." Joyce said.

Ida nodded and gave a little smile. 

Then she walked away.

Merek turned to Joyce. "How did she change?" He asked in wonder.

"She was ready." Joyce said, "It was finally time for her to turn her life around."

Merek nodded.

Then in the distance, they saw a young man approach Ida and start talking with her. Merek and Joyce watched for a minute or two. They began smiling, and then laughing. Then the man offered his arm to Ida and the two of them walked off together.

Joyce and Merek looked at each other.

"I sure hope that fellow knows who he's talking to!" Merek said.

Joyce just laughed.

***

After the guests were gone, Joyce and Merek were ready to start their honeymoon traveling. Merek had wanted to show Joyce the coast and countryside. She had loved the idea and was very excited to travel.

They got in a carriage and started their journey to the coast.

Joyce rummaged in her knapsack and found the picture of Lilly she had been sketching the day Merek proposed. She had finished it and wrapped it. Joyce thought it would be a great wedding present for Merek.

She handed him the gift.

He smiled and reached in his pocket. He pulled out a small package and handed it to her.

As she unwrapped Merek's present, she discovered that it was some very expensive sketching charcoal. 

"Thank you Merek! How nice of you!" She said.

He had unwrapped his present and was staring at the picture of his horse. 

"You're welcome Joyce! But my present doesn''t compare to the sentimental value that this beautiful drawing has."

Joyce blushed.

Merek hugged her and held her the rest of the carriage ride.

***

When they got to the coast, Merek helped Joyce out of the carriage and Joyce gasped at what she saw.

There was a beautiful ship, waiting at the dock for them.

And the thing was, it was the ship she had been sketching that very day that she had come to Dungannon.

"Merek, it's beautiful!" She cried.

"I thought you'd like it." He said.

Then he kissed her.     

Joyce felt in that moment that everything was right in the world.

The End.