Chapter 14

Joyce ran into the swamp. She heard some of the outcasts chasing her. She ran faster and dived behind a big tree.

She heard voices on the other side. Please don't let them find me! She thought.

The voices got louder, and then, they slowly faded. She waited behind the tree for several minutes, just breathing. After what seemed forever, she stood up and jogged deeper in the swampy forest, looking for Evanmere.

Her leather outfit went swish swish as she jogged. It was a different sounding swish from her red dress, that was secretly disguised under her leather Essence look.

Joyce thought it was amazing what magic could do!

Magic was so beautiful and could make almost anything happen.

Could it break the curse?

She didn't know...

Dungannon was full of magic and she honestly felt like this dream she was stuck in, was more than a dream. Her experience with Matt and trying to forget him had thrust her into some psychological state where she believed she was a heroine in a different time period.

And she loved it!

Even though she was running for her life, she was happy. This place was amazing!

And the only thing that could really make it better, was if she could get all the men back and safe.

But...

She honestly had no idea how in the world she was going to do it.

Joyce jogged along the dark pathway. It was completely dark and she was alone. She could barely see the path, but she needed to keep moving to be safe from the outcasts. 

She was really tired, and started to slow down. 

But then, there was a loud snap of a tree branch in the dark!

Joyce froze.

Something in the dark was coming closer to her.

She gasped and started running again! She felt the thing in the dark following her! She ran faster, but a root from a tree made a huge bump in the path. Joyce didn't see it, and her foot caught on the root and she went tumbling down!

Joyce let out a scream and everything went black.

What If?जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें