Chapter 6; Worlds Collide

I walk down the corridor, deep in thought and thinking how I could've handled that differently, until I hear a scream behind me.

Five voices?

I immediately spin on my heel and dash back towards my room, kicking the door open and summoning my Wire Sword while I do so. Looking inside, I see a shocked Qrow and the girls all at different heights; Yuri is standing behind the desk that has my computer on; Monika is sat down on the bed, frozen midway between fight and flight; Natsuki is crouched low for some reason, like a spring coiled all the way down; and Sayori is on the floor, laying on her back. They're all just looking at Qrow, who has his sword out and is in a defensive position. I exhale in relief and make my weapon disappear, then walk over to Sayori and carry her bridal style to the bed, making her shriek before she realizes who's carrying her. I put her down gently onto the bed and look over at Qrow and the open sliding screen door behind him.

"So, why are you here Qrow?" I ask him. "You can put your weapon away, by the way. As far as I'm aware, the only people who are armed in this room is us." He puts his weapon away, but then Yuri speaks up.

"I-I have a-a knife..." She holds up a small kitchen knife, but Qrow just scoffs.

"I think I'll be safe from a teenager with a kitchen knife." He says in his rough voice of his. He reaches inside his weird blazer / scientist coat hybrid of his and pulls out his drink. He takes a swig of it and puts it back."

"As for why I'm here, it's about my niece and her friends." I purse my lips, trying not to lash out. I thought Qrow was a pretty cool and funny dude, and we had grown to be quite close after I left Beacon. After I had left, I fell into a small depression for a couple of days, until Qrow decided to visit me often and cheer me up, keeping me company and possibly from doing something that may have been harmful to myself. "They want to meet up with you today in the town square. Whether it's for asking for forgiveness or hanging out-" I cringed a little, and I think Monika did too. "I don't know. You don't have to go, kid, it's just that the four of them wanted me to invite ya. By the way..." I raise my eyebrows at him. "Did you get yourself a harem while I was gone?" I look him dead in the eyes.

"Don't. Ever. Joke. About. That. When. We. Have. Just. Finished. Talking. About. Team. RWBY. Got it?" I whisper, moving closer, until we're almost touching. There's silence for a moment.
"You're too freaking tall..." I mutter, getting a laugh from Qrow and Natsuki.
"So, short kid, are you gonna go?" I think for a moment.
"Sure, I need to take these girls to go buy some new clothes anyway." The four give a little wave simultaneously and Qrow looks suspicious for a moment, but then just looks amused.
"So, you're meeting up with your exes just because you need to take your girlfriends on a date?"
"It's not a date!" I raise my voice.
"But they're your girlfriends?" He asks, eyebrows raised and eyes glinting with humor.
"I... don't know." I say quietly, trying to get the subject dropped. Qrow notices this and complies.
"Well, it was nice seeing ya again, kid. See ya whenever." He says, turning around and walking onto the balcony. He steps onto the railing and gives me a wave without turning around (I told you he was cool) and jumps off, before turning into a crow and flying away. I watch him for a moment before closing the sliding screen door.

"Anyways." I say, before opening my closet door and getting out a couple of clothes that I didn't realize were much too big for me. I throw them to Yuri, who catches them in surprise, and I get out a pair of scuffed jeans, a T-Shirt and a red and black hoodie. "You can change into these, we're going out into Town." I glance at the others to see that Monika is wearing a grey, thinly lined hoodie and an undershirt, along with some light blue jeans. Natsuki is wearing a pair of blood red shorts and a long sleeved pink and light red shirt while Sayori is wearing a T-Shirt with a bunny rabbit on the front and some grey tracksuit bottoms. "C'mon, lets leave Yuri to go change." I walk out the door and wait for everyone else to exit before closing it. "Wait out here for a sec please, I need to also go change." I tell them. They nod and I walk into the next bedroom, which is pretty much empty except for the plain bed, empty wardrobe and desk and unused chair. I quickly change, slightly intimidated by the loneliness and the oppressing atmosphere of the room. I've just begun taking my trousers off, however, when I hear an inhale of breath. I sigh and look up.
"Who's peeking? I can hear you breathing."
"N-no one..." I hear Sayori say. I can also hear two facepalms.
"Mmmmmmkay then." I say, getting back on with changing clothes. I finish and open the door slowly, being careful not to hit anyone. Coincidentally, Yuri also gets out at the same time as me, in her dark blue sweater and jeans.
"Well, lets go I guess." I say, heading down the stairs.