Chapter 20

I held a wild frog last night. It was a very special day for me. I got my friend to take a picture of it and it looks actually amazing (see picture above for the beauty). We asked and people called it Squishy so I hope you like it's name. That is all. -Fizz

'Suspected Gee Way walking, late, into school with punk boyfriend wearing boys clothing.' Is the headline today. I know this because I'm just sitting at the kitchen table drinking my coffee when my father throws it at me. "Oh this is a very pretty font. Do you think you could make all your business deals in this font?" I say sarcastically without looking up from my coffee mug in my hands.

"That's it. I've had it with you Gee. I sent you to a privet school only for you to get kicked out. I've agreed to you being friends with Bert McCracken, despite his reputation. I've also let you run wild for the past few years. Well enough is enough. Today you will sped the day at home and Mikey is going to spend some time with you as it is the weekend. You have the whole house to yourselfs so that you learn that your actions have consequences and those consequences will affect your brother." He turns and walks out to go to work.

"That's not fair what about Mikey he has a life as well you know!" I scream at him but there's no point. He's already gone. Ugh that man only ever thinks about himself. "Mikey! Mikey!"

"What!" He grumbles as he comes down the stairs with a bedhead that could kill and a baggy t-shirt with pyjama pants on. That kid.

"Sorry, I thought you were up."

"I was, I just thought someone was dying."

Mikes takes a mug from the cupbard and pours himself a mug before taking a seat opposite me. He picks up today's paper and a smirk sets in across his features. Like brothers we are. "Dad has locked us in for me to learn from you that what I do affects you as well. I tried to tell him you had a life but I guess he didn't care."

"Gee I was ment to see Pete today. I guess I'll have to cancel if I can't get out of the house."

"Sorry mikes. Wait what if he comes here? Tell him to climb through my window but first I want to talk to you about him. Frank seems to think he's bad news." 

"Yeah he 'seems' to think. Does he actually know Pete like I do? Doubt that. Thanks I will get him in a bit." He uses finger quotes around his sentence.

"What does that mean Mikey?"

"It means he knows a thing about him."

"So tell me about him." I challenge Mikey and take a sip from my coffee.

"Alright. Well he's a great guy, he cares about me and he always makes me smile. What people say is true. Pete is a bit of a slut but he's really cool."

"So he is a out then?" Eyebrow raise engage.

"Yes but he's not like that anymore."

"What is he like then?"

"He's sweet. A cool dude." Mikey blushes when he says that and I can't help the smile that falls on my lips when I see that smile make a home on the face of his. "He plays bass in a band and I go and watch him play a lot. Some of the songs are for me and I can't help it. I'm falling for the pop punk boy with the crazy hair and jokes."

"I'm happy for you Mikes I really am and I think you've got a friend there." We sit in silence for a minute just smiling at each other and taking the occasional mouthful of coffee.

"I know invite Frank over and we can have like a double date thing with movies and pizza and bear." 

"Alright but we'll have to leave a note for the pizza guy to ring the bell then come to the basement window and pass it through there. And no drink for you."