Chapter 4

'Gee Way gone from home over night to drink away he problems. Poor girl must be hard for her being Mr Way's only daught-' Sounds on the radio as Bert pulls up outside school and everyone is walking through the gates, only a few people notice who's in the car and start fangirling until they see I'm in the car of none other than Bert McCracken, the guy every parent tells their child to ignore and cross the street to avoid, he's really not a bad guy but his drink and drug reputation is a bit all over the place. Not that I give a shit as to me he's the best guy in the world.

"Don't go home tonight."

"What?" I reply to him as I'm pulled out of my day dream, I turn and face him and the pure look of seriousness is plastered over his face. "Bert I-i can't my dad will-"

"Fuck your dad you are saying with me until he gets the ridiculous idea out of his head and see's you as who you are. A guy Gerard."

"Ha no one calls me Gerard."

"Well I do. now get into to class before they come out and give poor little GG a detention."

"Fuck off Bert." I playfully push him and get out the car.

Before I can fully walk away I here him get out of the car and his footsteps are behind me. "What no goodbye kiss?"

"You're an ass but I love you so come'er." I flip round and pull him in for a sloppy kiss.

"Your breath smell and tastes like shit."

"yeah because someone didn't wake me up in time to go back home. You got any smokes on you by the way? If I go a day without any I might just die." I smirk as I know he can't say no to one of my smirks.

"Sure, take my pack." He hands my a whole pack I just stand there with my mouth open. "Better close that before someone kisses it. He leans in and kisses me with so much force I almost fall over but I kiss back none the less.

"Bye." I mumble into the kiss. "Pick me up later yeah?"

"You know it babe, now get in there." He winks and walks back to his van to get in and start the engine to very quickly pull away out of my sight. I chuckle and walk into school. God I hate school days, not only that I'm wearing the same shit as yesterday not to mention the awful smell that comes from me.

As I walk into the classroom everyone stops talking and stares at me. I know they were talking about me, I have been in enough rooms where people are talking about me behind my back to know when that happens.

"What?" I ask raising my hands everyone just avoids looking at me and focusing back on their work. "That's what I thought. Got any questions just ask me." I storm to the back of the class and sit down with a groan.

"Ok class back to work. Gee care to explain why you were late?"

"Erm yeah." That's all I say not really having time for this that and my head hurts like crazy and it's hard focusing on other people.

"Your reason?" Oh yeah she's waiting.

"Sorry I was making out with my friend as he brought me drink and gave me drugs last night and this morning because he's the only one that cares about me enough to not let me live on the streets as my messed up father wants to kick me out because I'm a boy, when really it was his fault." The teacher is just looking shocked at me her mouth in an 'o' shape making her look stupid. "I'm kidding." Insert fake nervous leather here. "No really I am kidding I just had to go to a-erm-m-meeting with my father business clients." That will do it. yes best excuse ever.

"Oh right best regards to your father." She blushes I simply nod and look down to my page. Ugh teachers sometimes, they never want the truth about anything they just want what sounds feasible so they don't have to do any work for it. Classic caring figures to look up to I guess.

A student I care not to look at walks in and starts an augment with the teacher, I should feel for this woman but I find it hard to care right now and instead draw a picture of Bert smoking. He really is beautiful with his sparkling blue eyes and kind face along with the long black greasy hair that he seems to change from time to time. Do I love Bert? Nah he's just s good friend. Friends don't talk like that about each other. Yeah they do what would you know? I know more than you in the fact that you love him. I don't love Bert McCracken he's just a frien-

"Gee?"

"Hm. what?" I ask raising my head with a jump.

"The answer." Shit.

"Erm 69?" I don't sound sure. "Wait no 420?" that one sounds more confident right? I hear a chuckle in the seat next to me as I said 420, to be fair that's why I said it as who doesn't like weed references?

"Gee this is history dear."

"Shit yeah sorry just-err-...I'm going to be sick." I jump up and run out of the room heading for the outside part of the school. Good thing I didn't bring my bag to school or I would have left it there as I can never go back to that class now I just embarrassed myself there. Well done there Gerard.

I head to the smoking spot that I found yesterday after school before I left and pull out my box of smokes Bert gave me this morning. It's a small place that is hidden behind bushes and a small shelter that will shield me from wind, rain, sun or snow. Best place I have found so far, as far as I know no one comes round here which is a bonus for me as I hate spending time with people that I may learn to hate even if I am smoking. I picked up the hobbit when I was younger, it was when the papers first started calling me a girl as I couldn't handle it. It was confusing for a young preteen to get my head around so everyone would be the same.

"HEY PRETTY RICH GIRL YOU'RE IN MY SPOT!" I hear a low growl coming from behind me and. spin round on my heals to be face-to-face with the punk kid who laughed at my 420 joke. "And I thought you were throwing up?" He raises his eyebrows at me. God does he look so fucking hot when he does that I forgot I was supposed to reply to him instead of just stare at his beauty.