Chapter 13

'Gee Way has a boyfriend!' It's breaking news. The whole town is buzzing with the news of me having a boyfriend. Frank isn't even my boyfriend, we are just friends but my dad likes to assume everything and whoever was watching in the bushes heard it all. Every paper, radio station and anything else has Franks face plastered all over it; for someone who likes being out of the spotlight he sure is being blast into it right now. Everyone knows his face and name; how can they not when he's everywhere and I'm the one who's fault that is. If something about Frank has ever been mentioned everyone knows about it, he probably can't even breathe without someone knowing. I haven't seen him in school since, although I think he's keeping a low profile for now, I would if I was him. I wish I could make it up to him but he isn't responding to my calls or texts. Stupid dad always gotta ruin everything for me and I never have any say in any of it, even though it's my life.

Bert has been keeping his distance as well, not noticeable but I noticed he won't call me or text first but if I call or text him he answers, which he never does. Frank is ignoring me and I don't know where he lives. Yes it's everywhere but no one really knows where he is. The papers never lose someone once they think they are worth talking about so the fact that no one knows is kinda strange. Either way I head out the front door with Mikes trailing behind me in a slow pace so we can head to school. Hopefully Frank is there but I'm not holding my breath. I was talking to Mikey last night and just ranting about everything. He didn't seem to know anything about Frank but he did say him and Pete Wentz are getting closer, he said he likes him a bit but is confused as he thought he was straight, until he met Pete that is. Although I would turn gay for Pete Wentz any day, even though I'm already gay and have this thing for Frank, although I see what he is getting at.

The walk to school is short, silent and cold I already don't want to go to school as I just know Frank won't be there to make it seem better. Just thinking that makes me sad and just want to curl up into a ball on my bed and cry myself to sleep. How can one person have such an effect on me? With nothing better to do I head to our spot for a smoke before ditching the rest of my classes, smoking here until school is out, then walking back home with Mikey. Sad really that's all I've done since I last saw Frank.

Although today is different, in the air there is a hint of cigarette smoke that wafts past me in a quick blur but I caught it. Someone is smoking in our spot and I'm not happy. Whoever it is I'm punching them and telling them to fuck off before I do something I regret. "HEY PUNK YOU BETTER SCAMPER BEFORE I GET ROUND THERE OR YOU WILL BE IN DEEP TROUBL- Frank?" I shout as I round the corner then my eyes catch onto the smirking boys who I know so well and lose all my anger to just whisper out his name.

"A friendly hello to you to Way." He takes the smoke from his lips and crushes it between the floor and his heal before continuing. "I'm sorry I've been gone but you have to understand I can't be in the news Gerard and I have to keep a low profile." I walk faster so I can reach him and just touch him to make sure he's real.

"Doesn't matter. You're real." I whisper.

"Gee of course I'm real. Look we have to talk, there are some things that I need to tell you." Frank shakes me off and holds me at arms length to look into my eyes and say it with authority so I know he means business.

"Yeah." I simply mutter out sounding weak and scared.

"Hey no it's not bad I just have some things that we have to talk about. Come one I'll take you to mine but you have to promise me no one will find this place once you know where it is."

"Frank you know I have no power over who see's me and -"

"Promise me." He is pleading with his eyes and I just can't say no.

"Yes I promise you Frankie." With that he takes my hand, pulls up his hood, puts a massive hoodie over my frame to hide who I am with the hood up he pulls me round the corner to get to his car that he never parks in the student car park. Why I don't know but it makes it like a game of spy's or something which is strange but it's Frank I'm talking about.

His car is parked in another place this time when he takes me to it, hopefully nobody noticed who we were. I don't even know what we are as we've never kissed but we went to and it's just so confusing right now as what are we? We're not together but are we friends? God I wish I could just make him stop and ask him these things but before I know it he is opening the passenger car door for me to get into. In a quick motion, Frank jumps over the bonnet like in some action movie and slips straight into the drivers seat, pulling out a pair of shades to cover his eyes and we're off. What is he? And why does he always do that?

"Sorry, I just want o move quickly. I'll explain everything when we get back to mine." I nod in reply before something catches my attention.

"Hey Frank won't your parents be home?" He just laughs through his nose before continuing on with his driving without even bothering to answer me. "Well?" I feel anger start to flow through me when he doesn't answer my question like it's a stupid one, which technically it's not. Again I get no reply apart from the slight increase on the gas pedal to make the car speed faster.

"I'll tell you at mine." is the only thing I get from him. Why is he so secretive? He was never like this before. I told him everything that has been kept a secret with me so why is he keeping his life from me? I'm just hoping for some answers when we get back to his that will at least make a little bit of sense to me when he's being just so quiet. I hope it's not me that has scared him off with my dad and everything that has happened in the passed few days.