She blushed. "Thank you."

I helped her put her clothes away. We put them in a bag for now, since I didn't want to accidentally forget them in one Keith's dads drawers. I also took this time to take the box full of Monika's stuff back upstairs.

Keith was finally awake this time. He was using his computer. It seemed like he was looking up some things on Doki Doki Literature Club.

"Hey Keith, what are you up to?"

"I'm just looking some things up on the game. Like secrets and such."

"Oh that's cool."

"Yeah." He turned to me. "Hey Danny, you remember when Monika was here, right?"

"Yes, of course. What about it?"

"Well I was wondering if I could narrate this time."

I laughed. "What? Keith, I'm already eight parts in... and you were asleep for three of them."

He sighed. "Well, I can't argue with that."

"Look bud, later on, I'll let you narrate. But you need to write the story in order to narrate it, okay? I'll help you."

"Okay, thanks buddy."

"Of course."

I left the room and headed back downstairs. I started laughing to myself as I thought about the conversation Keith and I just had. Oddly, I felt like I knew what to say, but I didn't actually know what he meant by narrating.

Ah, it's probably nothing.

I saw Yuri reading her book once again. She didn't look at me as I entered the room. She just focused on her book. I sat next to her and looked at the pages with her. I tried to read them, but it seemed like Yuri read at a very fast pace. I decided to just quit the attempts and allow my thoughts to take over.

After about a minute or so, Yuri moved, causing our shoulders to touch. She lightly gasped and looked at me.

"Danny! When did you get here?"

"Not too long ago. Sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you."

"It's alright."

"So uh, how's the book?"

"I haven't read much of it, but I'm sure I'll be able to my opinion on it as I progress through."

"Ah I see. Um, would it be alright if I read with-"

My phone suddenly started to ring.

"Excuse me for a moment."

I looked at the phone and saw that it was my brother calling me. I answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Danny, mom's been shot!"

"What?! What happened? Have you called an ambulance?"

"Sarah's calling them."

"Okay, I'll be right there."

I hung up the phone and checked for my keys in my pocket.

I looked at Yuri. "Yuri, I'll be right back. If Keith's asks, I had a family emergency. Please stay here."

Before she could respond, I ran out the door and drove to my house. A horrible sight it was. My mom was on the driveway in a puddle of blood, and my sister was crying while my brother was in shock. I jumped out of the car to check on my siblings.

"Mike, are you guys alright?"

"No! Some guys came shot our mom! How can we be alright?"

"Hold on bro, calm down. Did you see what they look like?"