Chapter 10 - Big Trouble Ahead

Start from the beginning

I saw my mom and dad coming from another elevator just as the nurse finished cleaning me up.

"Cris, is she going to be okay? Please tell me she is going to be okay," my mom said as she cried.

"Come on. I'll take you to meet her parents." We then walked to the waiting room and waited for her parents. I saw the President of the hospital coming our way too.

"Excuse me, but I am looking for Kamea's parents. My name is Mr. Jenkins," he said.

Through gritted teeth, I politely replied, "They are currently in her room. I'm her boyfriend." Shortly after that sentence, they came into the waiting room.

"Mr. and Mrs. Palu, this is the President of the hospital, Mr. Jenkins." If looks could kill, her parents were ready to.

"Mr. and Mrs. Palu, I sincerely apologize for what happened. As the President of Parkview General Hospital, it is my duty to ensure that the staff is protected. We failed Kamea, and I am very sorry. We are looking into how easily that intruder could impersonate a nurse and get into Kamea's room. Security here at the hospital is first-rate, but what happened is concerning. We will conduct a thorough investigation as to why this occurred. We will also be moving Kamea to a private wing where only those you allow are allowed. And the intruder has been captured and is being taken to the police station for questioning. We will have security to guard the private wing."

"Not your security, we won't! I will have some from my security detail guard her. We will not be having any more incidents like this. Absolutely not!!!"

"Thank you, and that is fine and all, but I am livid! We will be hiring an attorney. For your sake, you better hope she doesn't die!" Mama Jayde said. "Losing a child hurts so much! And I know that because we lost our only son! I can't lose one of my girls too!!!!"

My mom came over to introduce herself and hugged Mama Jayde. "Mrs. Palu, I am Cris' mom, Isabela. My husband, Antonio, and I will do all we can to be of support. Whatever you need, just let us know." 

My dad interjected, "We will get the best attorney in the country to represent Kamea."

"Thank you both. And it is nice to meet you too. This is my husband, Kalani." 

The kids came back from getting their ice cream. "Nonna and Nonno!"

(Nonna and Nonno are Italian for grandma and grandpa.)

They ran over to my dad and hugged him. "Nonno, Ms. Noel took us to get ice cream."

"I see. You both still have some on your face." They started giggling when my dad wiped their faces.

"That intruder is going to pay. I need to make sure he never does this again." 

I called my bodyguards and told them to get that intruder and take him somewhere no one knew. He is going to learn a valuable lesson - never mess with the ones I love.

****************************

"Ladies and gentlemen, we just received a breaking news story. At Parkview General Hospital earlier today, an intruder posed as a nurse and went into a patient's room to suffocate them with a pillow to kill them. We will not release the patient's name for privacy requirements. The intruder was apprehended and taken to the police station for questioning. The patient has been stabilized. We all here at the news station would like to wish the patient a speedy recovery."

******************************

Candi's POV