One

If there's one thing I've never been good at... it's being on time. I always have good intensions, but, for some reason I always find myself rushing. What was the name of the lady I'm supposed to ask for again? Ugh, if I'd just written it down. Standing at the corner, fidgeting, waiting for the light to turn so I could cross the street.

I applied at the coffee shop a week ago, and was ecstatic when I'd gotten a call yesterday about an interview today. Now, here I am, it's Monday morning and I'm rushing like always. I really need this job to help with extra expenses. With the full scholarship paying for school, and mom paying for the off campus apartment, which honestly I didn't want, I would have stayed in the school dorms. But, she felt it would be better for my studies to have a place of my own. "Less distractions" I believe were her exact words. Anyways, if I planned to eat, or have anything extra I'd have to find a job and pay for it myself.

Finally the light turned green, allowing the crowd I waited in to cross the street. Glancing at my phone happy to see I had two minutes to spare, as I pulled open the door, the small bell attached jingled alerting everyone to my arrival. A dozen head's swirled in unison, glancing at the door, instantly feeling my face warm from the attention. Fidgeting for a moment, wishing I had more time so I could maybe remember the lady's name...

"What can I get you?" A tall red head stood waiting at the counter. The stern tone she used to greet me with has me taking a half step back. My guess, she has to be around my age, and internally, I pray she isn't the person I'm looking for. Her brow raised as her green eyes fixed on me. "Are you ordering something?"

Clearing my throat as I step towards the counter, "Actually, I have an interview today."

Rolling her eyes, pointing towards a table in the far back corner, "Bailey's waiting." Before I could even blink she's gone, disappearing through a door way I assume leads to the back of the small shop.

Taking a deep breath, I begin weaving through the tables making my way towards the lady she called Bailey. When she notices me approaching, a warm smile spreads over her lips. I release the breath I didn't realize I'd been holding as I reach the table, standing extending her hand, "Hello. Are you Rylan?"

The softness of her hand matches the warmth of her smile perfectly. "Yes, Hi."

"Please, sit down," gesturing to one of the chairs across from her. "I'm Bailey, it's nice to meet you, Rylan."

"Thank you." Nervously I take the seat across from her, happy to find that she's much nicer than the girl behind the counter.

Her warm hazel eyes fix on me as she relaxes back into her seat. I, on the other hand straighten, sitting rigidly in mine. "Oh sweetie, relax." She winks smiling warmly. "I always hated interviews." She chuckles pulling a piece of paper from a folder. "So, let's just chat for a while." Taking a moment to glance over the paper before returning her attention to me. "You're a college student?"

"Yes, ma'am." Answering nervously.

"Please, call me Bailey. And you've worked at a coffee shop in the past?"

"Yes, back home."

"Perfect. So you're familiar with coffee, latte, expresso, and so on."

"Yes, we served all of those back home." I felt myself start to relax.

"Excellent. What type of hours are you able to work?"

This is the question I worried over the most. When school starts next week, the load from my schedule this first semester, won't leave me with many spare hours through the week. Especially, if I intend to keep my scholarship. So I hope my weekend offer will be enough. "Actually, during this first semester, my class load is kinda over-whelming." My hands fidgeting in my lap. "But... I can work Tuesday evenings, and I'm available the entire weekend."