B

The school bus was late. I had no choice but to run to school in the pouring rain. The likeliness of me reaching the school gates in 10 minutes was 50/50 to the chances of me getting detention because I was late, so I ran.

My legs quickly developed cramp within 2 minutes of me splashing my way to school, which just ended up in me being soaked when I got to the gates at 8:03am.

"Shit!" I cussed, running to the front door of the school.

My least favourite teacher was waiting for me when I got to the door. Mrs Han, the languages teacher. She did not look happy with me.

She was an older lady, about 60 years old. Her hair was lightening into various shades of grey and white, which was slicked back into a tight, smart bun. She wore a skirt which cut just below her knees, a blazer jacket to match, and a faint pink blouse. Her glasses were so pointed at the side that you could cut your hand on them. The chain that was connected to the glasses to hold them around her neck was rested on her shoulders, just underneath her droopy earrings. The makeup on her left eye was slightly smudged, but was masked by the grimace on her face.

"You're 3 minutes late, Ms Lee" she tutted, "and it's only 2 weeks into the school year. How disappointing to ruin an excellent school record so soon"

I apologised, bowing my head.

"I apologise, Mrs Han, but the school bus was late, and I had to run-"

"You should walk to school. The bus can never be trusted. Off you go" she snapped, cutting me off mid-sentence.

I bowed once more and then swiftly made my way to my registration room.

The teacher was late, thankfully. I made my way to the back of the room, where a boy with his hood up was sat in my dedicated seat.

"Excuse me, but I think you're in m-"

"Can you stop dripping your hair on me please?" He snapped, shaking his sleeve off. It was Taehyung. We used to be best friends back when we were only 5 years old, all the way until 3 years ago. Then we drifted apart and never saw eye to eye again.

"Sorry, but you're in my seat, so can you please move?" I asked politely.

"No. You were late to class and I'm not going to move out of the way for a slacker"

"I'm not a slacker. Get out of my seat, Taehyung" I growled, pulling his hood down, "or I'll shake my wet hair on you"

That was the sort of threat you'd hear from a nine year old. I know. But he always used to hate getting his hair wet when we were little. When we'd have water fights, he'd get mad at me for dumping a bucket of water on his hair. So that's why I'd do it more, just to torment him.

"You won't. So sit somewhere else"

I did.

He jumped up from the seat, whining about his hair.

"Oh my god! You stupid bitch, why did you do that?"

I sat down in my seat, smiling to myself.

"Because I wanted to"

"Lee Minseo, please see me outside,"  my registration teacher asked as he walked into the room, placing his papers and books onto the desk.

"Haha," Taehyung began, "I told you not to. Idiot-"

"You too, Kim Taehyung"

We stood in silence, the whole class staring at us. The pair of us together looked like a freak show.

"Now, please" the teacher ordered.

We shuffled out of the classroom, pushing each other back and forth, more aggressively each time.

"It's your fault" I muttered.

"Your fault, you started it"

"Your fault"

"Yours"

"Right then you two, what have you got to say for yourselves?" Mr Song asked as he shut the classroom door, "the way you have behaved for the last week is disgusting. You're going to sit a three hour detention after school-"

"But I have to help out at the restaurant!" Taehyung whined, "please, Mr Song-"

"I'm sorry. You're going to have to tell your father that you can't help tonight. You've used this excuse six times in the last two weeks to get out of the troubles you've gotten yourself into. You will report to room 206 for a detention supervised by me at 3:15. If you don't turn up, it'll be four hours tomorrow. And if you don't turn up to that, you'll be in isolation all week next week and you'll have a letter home about your behaviour. Understood?"

We both silently nodded, then made our way back into class.

"Minseo," my best friend, Park Minhee, asked, "What just happened?"

"Minhee, I'm really sorry but I can't go out tonight. I have to sit a three hour detention with Taehyung because of our behaviour in the past week"

"That's alright. I was thinking about calling it off anyways. The rain is too heavy"

She turned back around to her desk, sighing slightly.

Me and Taehyung eyed each other up from the other ends of the classroom, shooting dirty looks at one another.

"Let's go out tomorrow instead, okay?" I whispered to Minhee, who nodded in approval.

Great. I hate Taehyung with a passion, and the worst thing is, I spent hours with him as a child because I actually used to be fond of him. And I still have his number in my phone from three years ago.

My phone buzzed. I quietly unzipped my pocket to see who it was from. Obviously it was from the one person I didn't want to speak to right now.

Taehyung: See you tonight, dickhead

I chuckled to myself, typing a message back.

Minseo: You too, bus wanker

Taehyung: Hey! That was one time!

I put my phone back into my pocket, resting my head on the desk. I needed all the sleep I could get if I had to stay in school for an extra three hours.

Young Love || RemasteredOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara