Experiments

I lifted my head and watched as nurses walked around, they were carrying files, vials, needles and various pieces of equipment. I cringed as there was a plethora of scaples, vials filled with strange liquids, needles and what looked like hooks. My wrists and ankles were strapped to a metal table, I was wearing tights and a black half singlet, my hiar was pulled back away from my face, the cool air kissed my bare skin. The doors opened, a tall thin man walked in, his features suggested he was old but his eyes told a different story. They were young, filled with many memories, 'Emilie I assume?'

'What's it to you?'

'I'm Dr Marcus Jones. Pleasure to meet you. I've been waiting for this day for a very long time.' His smile was crooked, his teeth were twisted in some places but it looked genuine. I scowled and his smile faded, 'I know this is going to be difficult but you must understand this is better for you. Having that alien thing out of you will..better your life immensly.'

'They said they'll kill me.'

'Not if they can't find you,' he muttered then his eyes flicked away, 'So this alien thing inside you, what do you know about it?'

I laid my head back and stared at the white ceiling, 'It's healed me various times, some times others.'

'Others?' He squinted and fixed his glasses on his nose.

I nodded, 'Yeah, it would heal me and when one of my friends were injured, it would heal them too.'

'That is rather peculiar,' He tapped his nose and sighed, 'Well we should probably start. I'll start with various questions, some may be random but you must answer every one of them, no matter how private they may be. Okay?' I nodded and he pulled out a clip board, 'What is your name?'

'Emilie.'

'Last name?' He raised an eyebrow.

I shook my head, 'If I had one I wouldn't know.'

'Right,' he scribbled down stuff on the paper and looked back up, 'How old are you?

'I'm sixteen.'

'Any imeadiate family? Mother, father?'

'None.'

'Have you taken any drugs before?'

I chuckled, 'No I haven't.'

'Are you pregnant?'

'No?' I raised an eyebrow.

'Have you been married?'

'I'm sixteen for fucks sake.'

'It's not uncommon. I was married at sixteen, seventeen. Have you been married?'

'No.' I spat.

'When did you first become aware of your powers?'

'Earlier this year.'

'When the alien object was bestowed on you, how old were you?'

'Five? Maybe six.' I shrugged and clicked my tongue.

'When were you first aware that it had healing properties?'

'Not long after that. My body was healed almost instantly.'

'What do you remember about the attack on your homes?'

I thought about it for a second, 'I remember sitting with my brother, mother and father. Then there were screams, explosions and then after that everything was really a blur.'

'Okay. I think I've got everything I need. We can begin the experiments. First we can start by locating the physical being of the alien object inside of you. The laser will scan you so we have a 3D Computerorised Model of your body. Stay very still.' I closed my eyes as the warm beam passed over my body. I cringed as a cool hand touched my side, 'Hang on a little longer Emilie.' I gasped as the ties on my ankles and wrists tightened, 'I'm sorry.'