The Underground Revolution

There was an uproar as we entered the main section of the tunnels. Our community as a whole had grown so much in the past six years. To think Guy started this from scratch only so long ago. My train of thought was interupted as Nathaniel wandered over with a new chair for Olivia, 'Hey guys glad you made it back in one piece. Except for Jaymes, I expected nothing less from an accident waiting to happen.'

'Watch your mouth nerd boy. I still have enough strength to wring that skinny neck of yours!' Jaymes said, his body shaking from pain. Medical staff reached him and took him away. Soon the room was quiet and Guy stepped up on the platform in the center of the room. Everyone turned to him and I saw Mark walk in holding his trusty black notebook.

'Glad to see you alive and well sir. Ready for debrief?'

'Thank you Mark.' He took the not ebook form Mark and opened it up, 'We have gathered our sources from the Southern States and completed our tasks in the North. All together we have found one thing in common, Welder Estate.' he paused as several members started to whisper amongst themselves, 'Furthermore,' he continued, 'Our next strike will be infiltrating the Estate to collect our prize. The one thing that can bring about he age of humans once again.' Everyone cheered and Guy calmed them down, 'Our last recon team is of yet to arrive so I suggest we all prepare for our next job. dismissed.' He waved a hand and very one began to disband. Guy moitoned for us to follow him and so we followed him into his office and then through to the Screening Room where most of our operations are devised. We could spend weeks in this room at a time or even months.

'Guy,' Aaron shut the door behind him, 'Why'd you call us back here?'

Guy sat down in his chair and rubbed his face, 'I am creating a team of our best agents. This may sound a bit biased but you are the best I've got. I want you to infiltrate the Estate and collect what we need,.'

'You keep saying "What we need" or "Our prize thats awaits us" but you have never really specifically told us what we are looking for.' Olivia said coming closer. 

Guy clicked a button and the screens filled with pictures of the dead and broken cities. Thousands of people fleeing and the sky turning red. Alein creatures stomping everything and crushing everything. My mind raced as my eyes started to water, 'What is this about Guy?' I snapped. I walked closer and looked down at him, 'You collected people off those very streets and turned them into soldiers, Jaymes, Olivia, Tomas, Nathaniel, Aaron and well me. We follow you becuase you gave us a hope. Why all the secrecy?'

'This.' A new photo came up. We all went deathly quiet. No one moved. One the screen were six boxes each wooden with different patterns on them, 'These boxes contain the Six Great Powers of our Ancestors. Each have been searched and nothing has been found. Except for traces of human DNA. There was a story long ago when the humans lived peacfully, that one day these boxes would be opened and the greatest gift would be betowed upon the Right Ones. These Six Right Ones would claim the lost and bring about the New Dawn. The Reincarnation of the Earth. The six basic componenets of our earth each lay in one of those boxes. My great, great, great grandfather handed down a book in our family and I have it here. He wrote of six young ones who would find those boxes and take back our earth.'

'You are relying on magic?' Tomas scoffed, 'Guy, magic doesnt exist, well not anymore.' He said growing sorrowful.

'A man with a heart for the land,' he flipped a few pages and began to read; silencing us, 'A woman wishing for the sky, a man born with electricty in his blood, a man down to earth and can reach the sky yet stay on the ground, a boy with a heart of ice yet softened by waters touch and a woman with a raging torrent of flames scorched with a charred past. He is describing six young ones very much like yourselves.' He said closing the book. 

'You just expect us to believe that?' Olivia said growing angry, 'Six basic elements my ass you must have a screw loose.'

'I'm not crazy. I have lived on this for my whole life and my grandfather told me the same stories as a kid. This may sound out of the ordinary but one of us can't say anything agaisnt it.' He looked at me, 'Emilie what do you think?'

The others looked at me and I rubbed my arm, 'It's not impossible.' I grumbled, 'After all I'm cursed with this.' 

'Emilie, that alien gave you a key. Those powers are not curses but clues and keys to the boxes, you six can do this.' 

'Guy what about the rest of The Underground?' Tomas said.

'They all know of the legend. That's why they joined because they hope to live to see the New Age commmence. There is a logical explination behind this though. Years and years ago when man first landed on the moon they discovered something that would change the course of history. Let me tell you about The Dark Side of The Moon.'