Escape then Back Again

I watched helplessly as the beings run down our cities. Destroying everything in their path. Blood painted walls, bones smashed to pieces along roads and bloody bodies thrown everywhere. Fires wavered as winds blew in from all directions, the huge beings crunching down on the carcases, the stench of death filled the once clean air. Blood rained from the sky and buildings were knocked over like weeds being pulled from a garden. Hundreds of fighter planes tried to shoot them down but there were no weak points. 

Clouds plastered the sky and high winds knocked many people over. I was among the few to escape through the back streets. We were tracked, many didn't survive. I found refuge in an abandoned house just outside from what was left of New York. Cold, doused in blood and alone I cried myself to sleep, images of torn people along the sidewalks and my family...strewn across the roads, body parts scattered like ants. I screamed as I felt my mind snap. Tears gushed out as I attacked the walls. Desparatly wanting to die, all of this was to much to bear. Screaming, I ran out into the rain and cried. The road was filled with abandoned cars and items thrown everywhere, some dead were laying across the hoods and trees. Huge holes in the ground from where the beings had been. 

Pounding my small fists against the ground, I looked up and saw huge bright lights. Scrambling to get up, I slipped in blood and landed face first into a body. I could smell the burned skin, gagging I lifted my head to see a huge alien being there, arm reaching down. Shouting I smacked it away and lighting shot up my arm. Pain rushed around like wild rivers over my body, lighting flashed as I fell down onto the asphalt. I grabbed my throbbing arm and stood up looking at the unatural being. It's huge eyes followed my movements. I glanced at my arm and saw black lines crwaling up my arm. I tried to scratch them off, cutting my own flesh. 

Crying and vomiting, the lines marked my skin. My body heaved as peace entered, I felt relieved and I saw the alien being was gone. Vanished. I gazed at the markings up my arm and sighed. I had no idea about the events that were going to unfold.

10 years later...

*Bang* I looked above me as I saw the metal caving in, 'Shit.' Diving under the water i started to swim furiously. I came up for air and saw the bank up ahead, 'Thank god!' I grasped the grit on teh bank adn hauled my body up, my clothes draining of all water. I heard groans from above and saw littel creature swing around in the breaking metals, 'For god sakes don't they ever rest?' 

I saw the exit up ahead, relieved I started to run, my water ridden clothes slowed me down, 'Damn these clothes!' Pulling off my shirt I rolled out the broken glass, my skin tearing as the glass pierced my flesh. I heard screams behind me, getting closer. I had no weapons on me, 'Shit. I gotta get out. Where the hell is he?' My arm started to burn as blood dripped down, looking at it I scoffed, 'Healing already.' Ever since I was cursed with my powers, I have been an outcast. Four years after wandering around the Old North America, Guy found me. He asked me to join a special task force that are focussed on over throwing the Alien Reign. Quick to answer I have been working under him for six years. 

I dashed through the mud and found my way intot eh open, rain pouring down and the lab ablaze behind me, i felt the heat on my back and freezing water droplets on my front. Winds slashed around me, shifting my body from side to side. The feelings of rage fell away as I saw the rescue helicopter come int veiw. The smoke billowed around the blades, flames trying to steal their lives. I raced towards the landing aircraft and the full force of the wind slapped me across the face. The door slid open and there stood Guy along with a small team, 'About time you moron!' I jumped in as the creatures behind me caught up. Soon we were in the air and flying away, 'Where were you?'

'We got a little caught up,' he sighed and stepped aside to unveil some hostages, 'These four tried to escape with precious information, they were ready to hand over our secrets to the Aliens.' Guy stepped back in front to stop me, 'They will be dealt with now tend to your wounds and rest up.' He sat me down and walked over to Olivia and Jaymes. I closed my eyes and focused my energy on my arms. I felt the release of pressure and soon all that remained was dried blood caked on my body. 

Standing, I walked over to Olivia who was sitting in her wheelchair talking to another officer, 'Olivia?'

'Emilie your back!' She held my hands in hers, 'I see your wounds have healed!' She touched my skin in awe, 'I'm still amazed by your gift.'

I laughed and moved her hands on my skin, 'Do you have new information for me?'

'Right,' She turned and I followed her to the large screens. She tapped them and everything came to life, 'The information you collected was damaged in your escape,' all these corrupted files came up and everything else seemed fine. Blueprints flashed past as she flicked through the documents, 'Some interesting things popped up though. You see these,' she typed in something and a file opened up, 'These are the blueprints for the Manor up on the hill in central Old New York. It shows two seperate levels underground the lowest basement. Guy wants to send a team in but the places is so heavily guarded. Whatever is in there, they don't want us getting it.' 

'Show me the guards and their routes,' I leaned in and she brought up camera footage and a map of the land, 'Okay now trace the one closest to the main building and then again with the man next to the lab.' A whole bunch of lines popped up on the screen, 'Okay can you send this to...'

'Oi!' Guy interupted and stromed over, 'What are you doing?'

'Getting information on the Manor in Old New York.' I said crossing my arms over my chest, 'You're planning to over take it aren't you Guy?'

He sighed and rubbed his face, 'God help me. We plan to unveil our true intent.'

'Why would we do that?' Jaymes asked walking over ajusting his guns.

Guy pointed at the screen and Olivia pulled up some footage, 'Because humans have been living uder the regin of Aliens for centuries now. It's time to make a proper stand to take back what we lost. In that Manor should be the key to getting into Central. The only way onto the estate of Sir Johnothan Welder is the main road here. But our suvailence team discovered a series of underground tunnels whilest scouting out the area. Those tunnels will let us in and out without being seen.' He tapped the screen and swiped through picture after picture, 'Human after human goes in for experimentation and never return. To save the Human Race we must invade this estate.'