"Thank you sir!" She smiled.

"No problem, and please, George." He chuckled, before the smile faded from his eyes, "Oh, have you heard the news? Another child was found completely mutilated in his room the other day."

"Another one? Wow..."

"Yeah, they say the killer has a sick sense of humour as well, likes stuffing the children with candies as if they are piñatas."

"That's... Really messed up George... Do you think they'll find him?"

"Or her? I don't know. They haven't found any sort of clues yet. Just be careful out there okay? I don't want you to come across that sick murderer."

"Of course George, I'll be careful. And the only way any candy will end up inside me will be through my mouth." She said and paid for her candies.

"That's good to hear, now get home safe." He chuckled, waving her out the front door, "And have a good day!"

The human sighed and smiled to herself, walking down the now nearly empty street. She thought about the news, the police found another child horrifically mutilated? And filled with candies? Gross. And sad, really sad.

"Who would do that to a child..." She asked herself quickly, walking down the street and box still in hand, "And... Why?"

She shook her head, having a quick look at her collection of sweets to try and take her mind of the grotesque murders. She saw lollipops of assorted colours, sugar covered gumdrops, minty candy-canes, gummy lollies of fruit flavours and chocolate covered caramel.

All traditional sweet treats to help her get through the week, or a few days, depending on her self-control. She smiled and tucked the box of candies into her bag, before grabbing onto the lollipop and walking down the street.

"Zackery!" A lady called from across the street, causing (Y/N) to look over, "Zackery where are you?!"

She stopped and stared at the blonde lady, her features seeming familiar from somewhere. The lady was walking up and down the street, checking every store and asking the few people that remained.

(Y/N) blinked, this lady seems to be missing someone. Her husband? A pet?

She sighed and stuck the lolly back in her mouth.

No. A kid.

Silently wishing the lady good luck, (Y/N) kept walking, shoving her hands in her pockets and staring at the cracked ground. Another missing kid already? How long until they find them ripped apart in an ally or a backyard, full of lollies?

Just the thought of it made her feel sick.

But then a sound came from a nearby ally, like the sound of frantic footsteps. (Y/N) stopped and stared at the ally, waiting to see if anything or anyone ran out. No, no one. But she did hear a muffled cry for help, and her mind went into high alert.

Was the murderer back there, about to slaughter a child?

She started towards the ally, holding the lollipop tight in her hand. Just before she could reach the darkened area however, she stopped.

"Well if it is... Ugh, I'm not prepared for this kind of thing... Or trained for that matter." She frowned, not sure what to do.

"LJ! Please stop!" A young boy's voice yelled from the ally, shaky and full of sobs.

-LJ? Is that the killer's name?- (Y/N) thought to herself, now curious once again. She edged towards the ally before another voice spoke up, raspy and sending shivers down her spine.