Chapter 7 - Oh My Goodness! How Could You?!

Start from the beginning

"So, wait a minute. Did she understand what I said to her in the hospital?" Well, even if she did, it's going to happen.

Kamea's POV

It started getting late, so I decided I better head home. "After cleaning the dishes, I'm going to head home."

With sad faces, Rocco and Día asked," Ms. Kam, are you coming back to visit us?"

"Would you like me to come back tomorrow? As long as it is okay with your dad."

"Daddy, can Ms. Kam come back tomorrow? Please?" They said with the biggest cheese grins on their faces.

"You're more than welcome to come over tomorrow. Don't worry about the dishes. We will take care of them. And, you two, time to get ready for bed."

"Aw, daddy, do we have to?"

Cris says calmly, "Yes, you do. I'll even read you a bedtime story."

"Okay, daddy. Good night, Nonna and Nonno. (Grandma and grandpa in Italian.) Good night Ms. Kam." Then, they ran upstairs.

"I'll walk with you to your truck," Cris told me.

"Good night, Mr. and Mrs. Fiore."

Cris's POV

Minus the Candi incident, it was an overall great day. I was so glad Kamea spent the day with us. It was a picture of what I imagine as being my family - Día, Rocco, Kamea, and our children together.

"Call me when you get home so I know you made it safely."

"But I don't have your number," she says, puzzled.

"Believe me, sweetheart, it's in there. Dial this number and see what comes up." So, I gave her my number, and she started dialing it.

"'My Man, to Be?' When? How? Where?" She said, looking at me strangely.

"That's for me to know and you never to find out."

I opened her door to her Rover, and she got in and rolled the window down. I kissed her forehead and said: "Good night, beautiful, and sleep tight. I will be waiting for your call."

I winked at her while she pulled off. Then, I watched her as she drove away.

********************

Kamea's POV

As I approached my house, I noticed Reed was banging on my front door like he was crazy

"What do you want, Reed?" I said in a highly annoyed tone.

"I want the things I left here, Kamea."

"You just realize you left things here after a year?"

"Just let me get my things!!!!!" He grumbled in a tone I had never heard him use before - angry.

"Your stuff is in the backyard in a heap. Now, leave me alone!"

"Why would you put my things in the backyard?"

"Hmm, let me guess? Let's picture it - you and Courtney were having sex on our third anniversary! Does that ring a bell?" As he stormed to the backyard, I hurriedly opened my door and entered the house.

Reed's POV

After storming into the backyard, I looked around but didn't see my things. Then, I notice a pile of ashes.

"I know you did not burn my things, Kamea!!!" I looked closer, and sure enough, she did. I was beyond furious and made my way toward the house. "Open this door now!!! You had no right to burn my things, Kamea!!!"

"You had no right to cheat, Reed!! As I said, you should have gotten your stuff a year ago if it was so important!!"

"You are going to pay for this, Kamea!!!" Like a raging bull, I looked around the yard for something to throw and bust open a window. I found a rock large enough that I could throw. Once it broke, I opened the door and started looking for her.

"I will find you, Kamea. You really pissed me off this time. Come out from hiding and get what you deserve!!!"

As I searched for Kam, I started in one of her extra bedrooms. Nothing. I went into the other spare bedroom. Nothing. When I stepped out of the bedroom - wham!!

"What the ---?!!" She hit me over the head with a vase. I stumbled a little bit. But not enough that I couldn't catch up with her. So, I tripped her, and she fell.

"You are going to pay for what you did, Kamea!!" I said as I started choking her, and we tussled on the floor.

"I have been paying for the last two freaking years, Reed!!! Enough is enough!!"

I never knew that Kamea could fight like she was. She sure has a mean left hook, though. That black eye is going to last for weeks.

Kam then punched me where no man wants to be punched or kicked - in the family jewels.

"Now you really are going to pay!!!"

With all my strength, I saw her running towards the stairs, so I pulled the carpet from under her feet. And then, I got Kam up to her feet and pushed her down the stairs. She screamed as she went down the stairs.

When I saw her lying at the bottom of the stairs, I couldn't believe I had done that. She must have really hit her head hard because I saw blood.

"Oh, my goodness, I'm so sorry, Kam. Why?!" Tears started flowing down my face after that scene that had just occurred. But am I crying because of Kam or because I am in a heap of trouble?

I didn't have time to realize what had just happened because she must have called the police before I came into the house. Like a coward, I opened one of the bedroom windows, climbed down the drainpipe, and made my escape. I left her there, not knowing if she was dead or alive.

******************************

Thank you all for taking the time to read chapter seven.

Kamea's house is courtesy of Can Stock Photos - © Can StockPhoto / svanhorn

And thank you for your votes, comments, and support! 😘😘😘😘😘😘