16• If You Cared

MADDIE:
Grayson Dolan and Ethan Dolan were fighting. from what i've heard and seen and got to know, they never did.

what shocked me the most is that they were fighting over me. the girl who just got known by anyone a few months ago.

they were screaming at each other and it led to a fist fight. Grayson shook his head at Ethan and pushed him, causing Ethan to tumble down the steep hill.

"Grayson!" i screamed, punching him on the shoulder.

Grayson didn't move. he was as shocked as i was.

"Ethan!" i screamed.

he was tumbling down the rocky hill and i knew it had to hurt. finally, he stopped rolling. i was frightened.

"Ethan..." i murmured.

he lied at the bottom of the hill, frozen. he wasn't moving.

"E!" i shouted again.

i could hear him morning.

i couldn't handle it. i placed my phone into my pocket and started to clam down the hill.

"Maddie, no! it's too dangerous!" Grayson screamed as i eased down.

i shot my head up and glared at him. "that didn't seem to bother you before!" i snapped.

Grayson closed his eyes and ran his fingers through his hair.

once i reached the bottom, i squatted beside Ethan.

i grabbed his arm and turned him over to where he was lying on his back. his face had been cut, his forehead slit open from a rock, and his foot was swollen.

"mmm" he moaned. "mad-."

"no." i snapped. "don't speak. come on, help me out." i helped him up and walked him to the truck. i didn't care where Grayson was. i was pissed at him right now.

i helped Ethan climb into the passengers seat and drove to the hospital.

Grayson was not who i thought he was. first he tell me he likes me. then he kisses another girl. and now he almost killed his brother. it was already four o'clock and i was ready to leave LA.

—at the hospital—

i waited in the waiting room as the doctors worked on Ethan. Grayson wasn't here but he was blowing up my phone. three missed calls and 6 missed texts.

G: Maddie, is E okay?
G: do i need to be there?
G: Maddie, please answer me.
G: Madison. i'm not kidding. i know you're pissed. for different reasons but i'm trying to help.
G: do i need to be there?
G: for Gods sake, i'm worried about my twin!

i read the messages but ignored them. if he cared so much, he'd be here.

"Madison Stewart?" i walked to the front desk to the nice lady who called my name.

"room 204." she said.

i walked to the room, and there was Ethan, sitting on the bed. he had stitches above his right eyebrow, a cast on his left foot, and crutches.

"hey E...how are you feeling?" i asked, concerned.

"i vaguely remember what happened." he said, holding his head.

"you don't remember?" i asked. maybe he forgot the kiss. good.

"i know that you, me, and Gray were on a hill. and we were talking and next thing i know i'm falling down the hill." he chuckled.

"yeah, we were just talking and you took a step back and tripped." i lied. even as mad as i was at Grayson, i didn't want it to ruin him an Ethan's relationship.

i fished my phone out of my pocket and checked to see if i had any new messages.
2. from Gray.

G: MADDIE HES NOT DEAD IS HE

G: okay just tell me when y'all will be home

i sighed. "come on, let's get you home."

Ethan yawned. "where's Gray?"

i opened my mouth but nothing came out. "uh...he uh, he couldn't make it. he had something to do. he feels really bad."

Ethan chuckled. "naw, it's alright. let's get home."

i sighed as we climbed inside his truck. if only he knew the truth.