1•Life Before

life before LA was hard.

i got bullied. pushed around. ignored. my mom didn't love me. she wouldn't notice if i left the house for a whole week. it would probably take her months to ever find out if i was dead—on her own, at least.

my dad was in jail because he was a drug addict. he didn't love me either. and my sister? well, she died. the only person that could actually keep my parents from hitting me. it was a horrible car crash.

i had no friends. the guys would walk by me in the halls and just cringe. i was beautiful and sweet so i honestly didn't see what was wrong with me. one time in 5th grade the most popular girl said she wished she looked like me.

the popular group always started rumors about me. they gossiped. but i didn't let it get to me. i didn't need that. all i needed was my room. my bed. my computer. youtube. and the Dolan Twins channel.

they were the only thing that kept me doing. my name is Madison Stewart. i was 16 years old then. it was time to go off on my own.

i spoke to some teachers and asked if they had any opinions. they spoke to court people. whom agreed for me to go off. it wasn't healthy for me to live with an abusive mother.

so they sent me away to LA to live with my Aunt Tiffany, whom i just called 'Tiff'. she was only 23, and still the party type. i've only met her three times. i knew she'd be the kind to let me hang out with people. but what was the point, anyway? i probably wouldn't have friends there either.

school had just ended two weeks ago and all of my boxes were packed into a truck to take to LA.

i had multiple boxes. one includes my books. another with drawings, one with my electronics, one with all of my Dolan Twin merch—hoodies, shirts, posters, phone cases, magazines, pillows, and blanket—and so on.

i was ready to leave and my mom was ready for me to leave.

Tiff drove all the way to Michigan just to pick me up. that's a long drive.

"Maddie! it's been so long!" she shouted, wrapping me up in a warm hug.

i forced a smile. "hey Tiff."

my mom stumbled outside. "just get the beast away, will ya?"

i sighed as Tiff glared at mom.

"no wonder no one hangs out with her. they're scared she's gonna end up like you." Tiff shot at her.

i stifled a laugh.

"come on," she said. "get in the car."

i grabbed my backpack which had my computer, phone, headphones, sketch pad, and drawing utensils. it was going to be a long drive and i could probably get through all of 181 DT videos!