CHAPTER 9

Nandini was engrossed in her work in office when her phone rang. Looking at the caller id she grinned and she picked it instantly. Before she could say something a voice came – Sorry! Sorry for not picking up your calls sweetheart. Last night I came home late and being tiered I got asleep instantly. Sorryy darling!

Nandini chuckled – Arey.. my sweet boyfriend that's alright! I understand. How was the deal?

Raj – As always of course I got it as per my conditions!

Nandini – Congratulations pappy! Waise.. I also have good news for you!

Raj (excitedly) – What? Did you found someone? Don't tell me you are in love? (Nandini eyes popped out of its sockets) Oh my god! who is the guy? Tell me... I will find each and every information about him. Does he take care of you? He doesn't hurt you right? What is his occupation? What is his family backgr..

He cut off by nandini's shout – Stop it Pappy! I am not in love and didn't found any guy. So will you stop assuming? This is not the good news.

Raj (sadly) – Ohh.. I thought you are in love. So what is the good news then? (He asked disinterestedly)

Nandini shook her head on his tone but smilingly said – I am restarting Music!

Raj got stunned – What?

Nandini (happily) – Yes pappy! I am restarting it. Abhi bhai is starting a big album and he wants me as a lead singer.

Raj (shockingly) – And you obliged?

Nandini chuckled and told him everything. Raj was in tears.

Raj – I am so happy sweetheart! You have given me the best news. You don't know how happy you made me today. Finally you are getting back to your peace, your home!

Nandini sighed – Yes pappy and I hope so that I will not disappoint you all.

Raj – No! You won't! I trust you and there is nothing that Nandini Murthy can't make it. She gets what she wants right?

Nandini smirked – Of course!

They talked for few minutes and then Nandini asked – Pappy How is your plan going on? When are you coming to India? (She asked desperately)

Raj – The plan is on right track. Soon Nyonica chapter will be finished once and for all and I will be back to my son.

Nandini (desperately) – Please come soon Pappy! Manik needs you!

Her tone didn't get unnoticed by Raj – What happened sweetheart? Is something wrong? And how do you know Manik needs me?

Nandini bite her tongue and took a deep breath – Nothing Pappy. It's just that you only told na.. he needs you. That's it!

Raj didn't seem convinced and didn't reply her which made nandini worried.

Raj – You are lying Nandini!

Nandini closed her eyes – No pappy! I was just worried for you nothing else.

Raj – Worried for me or Maan? (Nandini widened her eyes) You said Manik needs me.

Nandini slapped her forehead – No! No! pappy you are always worried for Manik na and you always said that he needs you. So I was just worried for you.

Raj still didn't seem convinced for her answer but thought that if she is not comfortable then he let go of the matter and bid bye to her.

After cutting the call Nandini rested her head on her chair and closed her eyes.