CHAPTER 7

Nandini reached her office and all her colleagues were looking at her like she has grown two heads. She cleared her throat and said sternly – I am back and get back to your work.

All of them got back to the work as they always know how strict she is. She reached her cabin and soon her phone ringed. It was her boss - The CEO of the company. He apologized to her for the termination and said he had no choice. She replied politely and hung up the call. She continued her work.

On the other side Manik didn't eat lunch and was still in his room. Mary Aunty got worried and knocked on his door. Hearing the knock Manik yelled – Leave me alone. Go away.

Mary Aunty was expecting this reaction. She was worried what happened. Soon she realized that Nandini might be responsible for this. But what she has done? Mary Aunty didn't knock another time. She knew that whenever Manik is angry never go near him. But she was worried for him. He didn't eat breakfast also and went early and came home at this time which he never came. To clear her confusion she thought to ask Cabir. She called Cabir and he picked in few rings.

Cabir – Hey pretty lady! Whats up?

Mary Aunty – Cabir Do you know what happened to Manik?

Cabir (confused) – What will happen to him aunty?

Mary Aunty – He didn't ate breakfast today and went early to office and now he is back home at this hour and there is noise of throwing things from his room. I thought you might know as you would have met him in office?

Cabir – No Mary Aunty I was not there in the studio today. I am at dad's office for work. But what might have happened to him that he is angry?

Mary Aunty - Even I am thinking that. But it might be about Nandini right? He told that he will do something to her.

Cabir – Yes it must be about her only. As far as I know he won't stop without hurting her. I asked him yesterday what he was going to do to her but he said to leave her to him only. That girl has the power to bring Manik down Aunty. Manik would have hurt her but she would have done something for which he is this much angry. He also called me in the morning to talk but I was busy.

Mary Aunty sighed and said- So now what Cabir? I am worried about him. He had not eaten anything from morning and he is not even coming out to eat lunch.

Cabir – Relax Mary Aunty. Give him some time he will come out and eat once he is in the right mood. He will be alright. Don't worry I will talk to him in the evening.

Mary Aunty – Ok. If you say so. But please talk to him.

Cabir – Sure Mary Aunty! Take care. Bye.

Mary Aunty – Bye.

On the other side Aliya has reached her home and locked herself in the room and started crying. There was a knock on her door. She was confused who is this as Harshad is out of town. She opened the door and was shocked to see Dhruv there.

Aliya – Dhruv what are you doing here?

Dhruv – Aliya I came to talk to you.

Aliya – For what?

Dhruv – First you will let me in?

Aliya – Oh sorry Dhruv. Please come in.

They both settled on the couch. There was awkward silence for few seconds because they didn't talk to each other much when they are alone. Dhruv broke the silence.

Dhruv – So do you love Manik?

Aliya – Isn't it obvious Dhruv! Everyone can see it except him.