Chapter 56

Sam's POV

"Come on Sam. Let's go"

Diamond said impatiently. Today was the day I get to meet her baby girl since winter break already started.

Yesterday when she first told me she had a child I didn't know how to react so I just left.

But after I heard her side of the story I understood why she didn't tell me. She didn't want anyone to know that part of her past.

I quickly put on my black and white vans and grabbed my keys. Once Diamond heard the jiggling that came from them she took my hand and pulled me down the stairs.

We said goodbye to momma and left on our journey to her grandma's house. To be honest with you I was scared.

What if her daughter doesn't like me?

What if I mess up and say the wrong thing?

Her daughter is two which means if she has something to say she won't hide it. Kids has the tendency to be brutally honest with you. Even if she's mumbling she talking shit about you.

I remember this one time a kid called me ugly when I was going grocery shopping for my mom.

I just went home, sat in my room and questioned my whole existence. They can be so mean sometimes.

While we were on our way to her grandma's house Diamond kept on bouncing her legs up and down.

She looked like she was about to bite her whole hand off the way she was viciously biting her fingernails.

I gently squeezed her thighs causing her to snap out of her dazed state. I could feel her eyes on me as I rubbed her thighs.

"Princess, I should be nervous. Not you"

She sighed and leaned back in her seat. She started rubbing her temples as she inhaled and exhaled.

After a while she started panting and moving back and forth. She looked like she was hyperventilating.

I quickly pulled over on the side of the road and pulled her on my lap. She straddled me as I stroked her hair.

"Baby, what's wrong?"

I asked as I lifted up her chin. She looked like she was about to cry. Right when she was about to talk tears came streaming down her face.

I wiped away her tears with the pad of my palms and kissed her forehead.

"What's wrong baby? Do you not want me to meet your daughter?"

She shook her head and let out a small laugh. She took a couple deep breathe and started talking.

"It's just that I'm nervous. What if my daughter doesn't like you? What if my grandparents doesn't like you? What if my grandpa kills you?.."

"Woah there. Calm down Diamond. And why would your grandpa kill me?"

She didn't say anything. She just played with her hands that was placed on her lap. Her legs were bouncing up and down rather anxiously.

"It's just that my grandpa told me that if I ever brought a guy to meet my daughter he'll make sure he's never heard from again."

I swallowed hard and ran my hand threw my hair. If her dad killed Jason what will his dad do to me?

If I don't make it home please tell my parents and katherine I love them. And if you have time tell that ass wipe you call Noah he owes me $50.

"Baby it's ok. He won't kill me in front of you and your daughter"

At least I hope so.

We stayed in that position until Diamond calmed down. I wiped her eyes agian and kissed her forehead.