Chapter 35

Sam and I walked into school with a smile on our faces. While we were in the car we were singing off key and laughing at random things.

I made my way to my locker with Sam by my side. Once we were in front of my locker we saw Noah and Ruby making out.

Sam and I stopped walking and looked at each other wide eyed.

Both Sam and I cleared our throat causing Noah and Ruby to pull away from each other with swollen lips.

"So what's going on here?" I asked with a smirk on my face.

"Noah and I are official" Ruby said as Noah laced their fingers together.

"You guys are so cute" I said as I hugged both of them.

"Sam you owe me $10" I said when I pulled away from them.

"Damn, I thought you forgot"

He pulled out $10 and gave it to me.

"You guys made a bet on us?" Noah asked as he pulled Ruby to his side.

"I said you and Ruby would be a thing before winter break and Sam said after winter break"

"You guys are unbelievable"

"You still love us though" I said as I formed a heart with my hands.

"Whatever" he mumbled as he rolled his eyes. He's so dramatic.

"Well look who it is" I heard someone say behind us. I turned around but I immediately turned back around.

It's just Britney and her minions looking like clowns with their powdery faces and bright red lip stick.

I unlocked my locker and looked for my notebooks. I don't have time to entertain them.

"How was your date with Chris?" She asked. I could see the smirk on her face even though I was turned around.

Silence.

"I see you gained a few pounds"

Silence.

"How's your dad doing?"

Everything around me froze. How does she know about my dad? I didn't tell anyone expect for....

Chris.

I told him when I was in 10th grade. Even though we weren't as close as we used to be we still were friends.

I trusted him with my secret. He swore he wouldn't tell anyone. He promised me.

I knew I shouldn't have told him.

I wanted to rip Britney's head off but, what would that do?

It won't take back what she said.

Only one thing ran through my head at that moment.

Luke 6:27-28
"Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you. Bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you"

I put my books in my bookbag and closes my locker. I turned around with a huge smile in my face.

"May God bless you and your family" I said as I walked away from her with Sam, Noah, and Ruby in tow.

Once we were far away from them I broke down. Tears streamed down my face as I thought about the whole situation.

My dad isn't here with me right now and it's all my fault.

I walked to the abandoned part of the school and leaned against the wall. I slowly slid down the wall that was closest to me. I sat on the floor with my face buried in my knees.