17

[624 words]

'the heart was
made to be broken'

'the heart was made to be broken'

third person

The warm water ran down John's bare back as he spent the minutes he has in the shower thinking about everything. That should be me, John thought. After some time Johnny thought it was enough so he turned the knob and switched off the water, he dried off and changed into a new set of clothes.

Once Johnny was all refreshed and ready for the night, he ran into the living room for the hotel they have rented for this night. Tomorrow they're on the road on the way to the next show, with Hayden and Annie.

It's not like Johnny hates them, he's just intimidated because the girl he likes is with his best friend. He stepped foot into the room and landed his eyes on the couple, cuddling up in the corner with a blanket draped over them as they're all laughing about what movie to pick.

"Hey, everybody." John awkwardly made his entrance, he took a seat besides the couple, (it was the only spot) and grabbed another blanket for himself.

"Hey John, pick a movie. The choices are lights out or Grown Ups 2. I picked the horror but they're all scared!" Kenzie chuckled, he faked a smile and shrugged.

"Lights out?"

-

Hayden ran off stage after preforming his new single, Smiles For you, Kenzie attacked him in a hug but his direction was Annie. After the two hugged, Annie thought enough was enough and took him to an empty room.

She was going to tell him how she felt.

"Hayden, I need to tell you something." The brunette began, he nodded with a slight eyebrow raise.

She took in a deep breath and started blabbering. "I like you, a lot. And you're dating Kenzie so all I can do is watch with anger and sadness, you probably only think of me as a best friend—"

Hayden smiled widely at her, the words he always wanted to hear. "Annie! Don't worry, I like you too. But you can't tell anyone what i'm about to say. I only dated Kenzie so i could make you jealous, it's always been you. I see Kenzie as a friend."

"Does Kenzie know?"

He shook his head.

But now she does, Hayden has forgotten to switch off his mic and Kenzie was listening through the speakers of the stage. A tear rolled down her face as she ran over to the room where Hayden and Annie were.

Lauren and Johnny widened their eyes and chased after her. She opened the door and stood behind them. "You jerk! You've been using me this whole time! We're over, I hate you so much!"

Hayden turned around shocked and tried to calm her down while Annie had shed a few tears. Her best friend probably hates her now too. Kenzie's stormed out, the Orlando's following, and into her dressing room.

The brunette ran her hand through her hair and sighed angrily. John was the first to walk in, he sat besides her and rubbed her back. Lauren took the hint and left them to be secretly shutting the door. John was the only person Kenzie needed, even Lauren knew that.

"It's okay, Kenzie, he's a jerk for doing that. You deserve so much better." Johnny comforted her, she leant into his chest and breathed in the attractive cologne that was all over his stage outfit.

"Thank you, you're amazing." She mumbled, sitting up and looking into his eyes.

Both didn't know what they were feeling, but they knew what they wanted. Kenzie and Johnny leaned in at the same time and connected their lips.

...

i like me better cover came out, love life

45 comments babes xoxoxo