14

[606 words]

'i act like i don't care but
deep down i swear it kills me'

'i act like i don't care but deep down i swear it kills me'

third person

Johnny sat across from Kenzie and Hayden as he watched the two laugh and chat about while eating their pizza. Annie, Lauren, Kenzie, Hayden and Johnny all decided to go out for dinner.

Of course, Hayden and Kenzie sat besides each other because they were getting awfully close. It's been one stop ever since they've joined them, they finished up about an hour ago and are now out for dinner. "Hey Kenzie remember that time you were street dancing with Jayden? That was sick!" Hayden exclaimed, Johnny rolled his eyes while the brunette besides him sighed.

Enter Annie, the easily jealous girl. She was jealous back then when her crush, Brennan,  hung out with another girl as friends. Annie forgot about him ever since the death of her brother, Caleb, and hasn't seen Brennan since. Now it's Brennan 2.0. Even though Lauren reassured her that Kenzie likes Johnny, she couldn't help but think maybe Lauren's wrong.

Maybe Kenzie likes Hayden. And maybe he likes her back.

"Ann's, penny for your thoughts?" Lauren joked from besides her, she softly smiled and shook her head.

"It's the usual." She aimed her head towards the two laughing about.

Lauren sighed, patting her best friends back. She was upset for her and that Kenzie was flirting with him, she wanted her with Johnny. Annie always denied whenever Lauren or Kenzie asked her if she liked Hayden so maybe Kenzie thought he was available.

"It'll all be okay, I promise you. I don't know what's going on but I'll figure it out." Lauren was determined to know what was going on.

-

Johnny walked alone up front while Lauren and Annie where behind them, then far behind were—

Well you know who. But they were holding hands. Kenzie looked up and saw Johnny walking alone, she made up an excuse to go see Johnny. Hayden joined Annie while Kenzie power walked over to Johnny.

He jumped once he saw her approach him. "Hey John, you looked lonely so I thought I'd join you. What's up?" She began the conversation.

He raised his eyebrows but shrugged, they were alone for once why not cherish it. "Nothing much, how about you? I've noticed that you and Hayden are growing closer."

Kenzie frowned at his tone. "Yeah we are, and I'm good I guess. But did you see how he held my hand? Oh god he's so cute. I think we might actually become a thing!" She squealed quietly, in case Hayden heard.

That would be awkward.

John rolled his eyes and shoved his hands into his pockets. "Good for you, Mackenzie." He said harshly, Kenzie's eyes widened.

He's never ever called her Mackenzie. Ever.

"What's wrong, John? Ever since I came here you've been upset or mad." She admitted, crossing her arms.

He sped up a bit but she just copied him. "It's you, Kenzie. Hayden's the only thing you talk to me about. He's going to break your heart, you're stupid for thinking he actually likes you. And we freaking kissed, did you forget about that?" John spat back.

Kenzie's eyes watered, he's never gone off like that, especially to her. "Wow, I thought you of all people would be happy for me. Thanks for being a great best friend. And you kissed me, so didn't pin it all on me." Kenzie cried, running off.

Hayden took notice and ran after her while the girls followed shortly. Johnny was left alone, walking home regretting what's he has just said.

Like always, he's alone.

...

aw my bby is alone

drama next chapter lol

30 comments