Chapter Twenty Eight

I had fallen asleep in the window bench with an empty pack of cigarettes on my chest and a few bottles around my feet. When I woke up, Savannah was walking from my half bathroom. She had already showered, and was just finishing her makeup. She looked good, and I envied her. She had never had a hang over, and I smiled at her. 

"Good morning, wicked miss." I grinned and flicked her off. She took the pack of cigarettes, lighter in hand and threw them at me when she realized they were gone. "Wow, you're in trouble now." She tackled me from the window and giggled. I felt my head throb, but was relieved that it was minor and most likely fixable by medication. 

"Well," I said as she had me pinned, "good morning to you too." 

"How was your sleepless night?"

"Fuck!" I yelled and pushed her off, "Where's Viper!?"

"I don't know, why?" 

"I have to go find him." She grabbed my arm. 

"You have to shower, the rehearsal is in thirty minutes." 

"What?!" I checked the time and sure enough the time was almost here. I ran down the stairs and speed showered. Hardly cleaning, just skimming to get the alcohol and nicotine smell off of me. I threw my hair down and brushed it, letting it air dry. I slipped into my dinner dress and shoes and just did the mascara and eyeliner. I resurfaced in my room in a total of ten minutes. I was panting and Savannah laughed. 

"It's probably the whole pack you smoked." She said.

"Fuck off, and get in the car. I have a plan to run you down on and we need to speed." She grinned.

"Ah, a drunken idea." 

"Yeah. A good one." We rushed down the stairs and into the car. My mother would stab me if I was late, and I was silently praying she would. 

"A plan." Savannah said, reminding me and taking me from my thoughts. 

"Right," I said turning my blinker on, "that." She laughed and we headed into traffic. "I've been thinking."

"While intoxicated." 

"Yes, you don't need a license for that." 

"Whatever, just spill."

"The wedding, we're going to crash it even though we're both invites."

"How does that work?"

"During the reception, I'll give a toast. We'll confess that I'm gay, and I love Cecilia. Viper will be so disgusted, he'll leave. You'll be on standby ready to scoop up his remains and tell him you love him too." 

"Oh my god," she gasped, "that's extremely bright."

"My best ideas are drunk ideas." 

"I'm beginning to think so." We pulled into the parking lot and I parked poorly and jogged into the building with a minute to spare. 

"Nice of you to show up, Viva." My mother said in a voice that made me think the bitch pitch was inherited from her. 

"I wouldn't miss it for the world." I said to her and laughed. She scowled and I took my seat across from Viper. He refused to look at me, and only showed any emotion other than hatred when my mother and Blake exchanged their vows. My mother was crying, and Blake dabbed her face. I watched the crowd as they gathered to socialize and eat together. The cliques broke off like they were all in high school and I watched for Viper and the group he would be chosing and was thrown off when he left Cecilia at the table and headed for the exit of the reception hall. I stared at her, and then took off after Viper. The whole night seemed to blur in my mind and all think of was how I could speak to Viper. My question was answered as I saw Viper walk down the ramp towards his bike and I grabbed his arm. 

"What the hell?" I demanded and snatched it back. 

"What?" I asked, "What's your problem?"

"I'm not your charity case, or rescue mission. I'm home, until mom's wedding is over. She doesn't need the stress. After that, fuck you and Cecilia. Or maybe you can fuck her for me." I frowned and groaned, running to keep up as he stormed the rest of the way to the parking lot. He got on his bike and started it before I could get there and I slumped against my car with my hands in my hair. I hoped to God that this plan would fall through and the things that I had planned would go the way I assumed they would. I sighed and climbed in the cab, pouting. If this went wrong, Savannah, Cecilia, me and Viper would be miserable. If it went right, fate would determine our endings, or if we had any. 

"Viper," I said to myself, "I'm sorry. Please, don't hate me. I'm trying to work this out. For you, and me both. I know what's good for you. It's not Cecilia. She's trouble. If she's going to be trouble, let her be my trouble. I'll manage it better than you. I promise." My mother's figure was visible in the window of the hall and she twirled with Blake in her arms. Her smile was too real, and it seemed like she had no idea that Viper and I were missing. It seemed like her life would be nothing but glitz and perfection if the two of us were gone. Savannah was chatting with a group of girls in college, and I felt pointless at the moment. The only figure that I couldn't make out was Cecilia. I was hoping she didn't feel like I did, simply because I knew that she was hurt.